TOS Reporting 3 players likely to enter transfer portal

You are right. I do have ZERO KNOWLEDGE ON WHY THEY ARE LEAVING. SO DO YOU!!! The point is none of them are making headlines on Saturdays!!! ARE THEY???? Let the freshman and sophomores take their lumps and UT will be much better next year!!!
How if to many leave how many can you sign in a freshman class that will be able to play right away?

Swain mentioned Pruitt having to decide to go ahead and let the young guys play or keep the veterans that aren't doing much better. It is a very hard decisions to make especially with the upcoming games. But if that is where he is going with this team, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the older guys leave for the chance to make it somewhere else. They have to keep their future in mind so could be a good decision all around. Only downside is our freshmen and young guns will get thrown to the wolves and UT football will look real ugly this season.

This coaching staff has had some serious hurdles to make when deciding who to start. It is hard for me to put the woes on their shoulders just yet. No doubt this is going to be a long hard road... again. I doubt Bill Belichick could clean this up in as much time.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Give me examples of bad play calls? Realize that no one is perfect and every team has some amount of bad play calls. But can you point to a significant amount of bad playcalling?

Also, you're saying Chaney can't evolve and keep up? He literally just left Georgia where he was considered one of the best OCs in the country and an excellent play caller. He just went brain dead?
We should be running a spread or a variant of, like Alabama, like Clemson, like Oklahoma, like Ohio St., like most of the top teams on college football do. Even coach O at LSU incredibly has enough sense to evolve as a coach.

Reactions: Smokeyman
We should be running a spread or a variant of, like Alabama, like Clemson, like Oklahoma, like Ohio St., like most of the top teams on college football do.

You have to adjust your offense around the talent you have and Chaney is famous for that and one of the reasons he's so good. Our OL can't handle the spread. They need extra blockers to help.

Maybe so.

But I don’t see Bituili staying healthy all season. Ignot was serviceable as a backup.

Our WR corps are going to be pretty much gone after this season and I read where 2-3 of those guys in the depth chart are thinking of leaving. How many WRs do we have committed so far? Probably not enough.

1, we currently have 1 WR committed for next year

People that think Pruitt is qualified for an entire program rebuild are the types of people that go to the emergency room when their tooth hurts.

When you have a tooth ache, you need a dentist.

When you have a rebuild, you need an EXPERIENCED HEAD COACH that can do that. Pruitt is a career defensive coordinator. That’s all he will ever be.

Swain mentioned Pruitt having to decide to go ahead and let the young guys play or keep the veterans that aren't doing much better. It is a very hard decisions to make especially with the upcoming games. But if that is where he is going with this team, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the older guys leave for the chance to make it somewhere else. They have to keep their future in mind so could be a good decision all around. Only downside is our freshmen and young guns will get thrown to the wolves and UT football will look real ugly this season.

This coaching staff has had some serious hurdles to make when deciding who to start. It is hard for me to put the woes on their shoulders just yet. No doubt this is going to be a long hard road... again. I doubt Bill Belichick could clean this up in as much time.

That's already happened and is happening. We have 16-18 True Freshmen along with several RS Freshmen and Sophomores already playing and moving up the depth charts. This would hurt your feelings as an upperclassmen, right? Either that or light a fire. Well, we see what they're choosing to feel.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
He's doing such a good job of it now.

He is actually. Did you see the beautiful play call that left DWA wide open but the QB made a terrible throw or the play call that left Pope open for an easy TD but Eric Gray totally whiffed on his block allowing the DE to knock down the pass? These are a couple of examples of great play calls.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
I can't wait until we field the scout team for the bammer game. What do you think the score will be for that one? 212-0?

I want to buy in to the narrative that these guys are getting run off because of underperforming. Wolf’s success at Ga contradicts that. He could very well have a good game in Knoxville and it wouldn’t surprise me if Smart tried to make that happen to prove a point.

Exactly my point.

Heck maybe they were all run off because they were bad for the team or could not play. But we don’t know that, maybe they left because Tennessee is a bottomless pit of misery.

JG is a liability.
Warrior is a liability.
Half of our linemen are a liability.

But they play. All the time.

Ignot has played a good bit this season. What’s his excuse?

I remember when Charlie Strong kicked a ton of players off of Texas’s roster because they wouldn’t buy in. That probably cost him his job in the end.
This is what’s most confusing. Warrior should have been benched long ago. JG should have at least been competing with Chryst last year. And yet, Pruitt hasn’t benched them. Well, until this last game.

If we knew why the movement then probably, but we don’t.
We hardly ever KNOW anything. I can’t see where players leaving for their individual personal reasons would benefit the roster. If it were a Toto or Wright type, then I’d hit the panic button. Shannon Reid and Tim Jordan won’t garner that response.

You made a short reply with no substanence so I replied the same. But I went back to add some info, check it out.
Bottom line is that our offense stinks. I would reference how a good coach schemes. Art Briles, while at baylor coached a pass happy offense. During 1 year he had all of his scholarship QB's injured. When the bowl game rolled around, he ran a receiver as QB and completely reinvented his offense to be run heavy offense that ran for 645 yards rushing. That's how a coach with knowledge of modern offenses scheme around the players they have with success.

I want to buy in to the narrative that these guys are getting run off because of underperforming. Wolf’s success at Ga contradicts that. He could very well have a good game in Knoxville and it wouldn’t surprise me if Smart tried to make that happen to prove a point.
In Wolf’s case, I never faulted him for taking a shot at winning a championship...he had worked hard here, earned a scholarship and graduated. Not sure what “point” Smart would make with Wolf having a good game against us...that he’s better than DWA? If Fromm was throwing to either TE, which one would he target more? Wolf was buried behind a better receiving (DWA) and blocking (Pope) TE. Call it a narrative call it reality.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Bottom line is that our offense stinks. I would reference how a good coach schemes. Art Briles, while at baylor coached a pass happy offense. During 1 year he had all of his scholarship QB's injured. When the bowl game rolled around, he ran a receiver as QB and completely reinvented his offense to be run heavy offense that ran for 645 yards rushing. That's how a coach with knowledge of modern offenses scheme around the players they have with success.

Chaney is great! Everyone knows it except for ignorant fans (and I mean that in a good way) that don't know schemes and playcalling. You're convinced and not listening to anything so I'm not changing your mind. I'm out.

Reactions: BanditVol

Surely you have more football knowledge than you are displaying. Our offensive scheme has been pretty good. As was already noted, all 11 must perform their duties for a given play to work. It is pretty easy to see the missed blocks, missed open receivers, bad passes etc.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
This is what’s most confusing. Warrior should have been benched long ago. .

Benched for who?

This is the problem. It's easy to say "these guys aren't playing very well." Yet, a lot of these players are still the best on the team. That's Pruitt's dilemma.

However, I think we're at the point that results have been so bad, that the coaches are going to have to consider playing more of the young guys even if they are "not ready". At least by playing them, they'll be more ready for 2020 and 2021.

Surely you have more football knowledge than you are displaying. Our offensive scheme has been pretty good. As was already noted, all 11 must perform their duties for a given play to work. It is pretty easy to see the missed blocks, missed open receivers, bad passes etc.
Good schemes usually produce good results. Are we producing good results?

VN Store

Back