TOS Reporting 3 players likely to enter transfer portal

Wouldn't it be nice, or at least enlightening, to be a fly on the wall at the football facility. Might find out how much of our problems are players not buying in, coaches not coaching, head coach not organizing and managing the staff and players and administrators nosing around.

Well no it’s actually not .. this group of coaches have the best pedigrees of ANY coaching staff in UT history so you think just forgot how to coach or are doing it on purpose or ?

Okay, a great coaching staff doesn't get out coached by Georgia State in the HCs 2nd year.

What pedigree does Pruitt have when it comes to being a HC? I'm waiting....

Because I know lots of DCs and OCs that were great at being a coordinator, but failed at being a HC.

You are crazy! It is a good look. It means CJP is continuing to GET RID of the PLAYERS NOT GIVING THEIR ALL FOR TN. If they can't give 100% exactly as asked, they need to hit the curb!!!
If you are correct in your assumption, then, indeed, they need not allow the door to hit them in their proverbial asses.

Hiring Helton as his first OC. Kevin Sherrer his Hoover HS buddy as his first DC. Hiring a lifetime defensive position coach in Ansley to be his second DC. Hiring his close friend and college roommate Will Friend to be his offensive line coach.

How's that working out so far for Pruitt? Paying dividends on the field each week?
Well Helton got picked up as a head coach, so apparently he impressed somewhat. Helton also isnt here anymore; Jim Chaney is. Most wouldve said Chaney was one of the top OC's in the conference when he was at Georgia. Friend I was critical of but Oline recruiting has been pretty damn good and the two freshmen look pretty good; I by no means think Oline is a strength but it looks much better than the past few years, JMO.

Not being a smart A but wasnt it rumored Sherrer was considered for DC at Georgia and Bama? Sherrer does coach special teams which have been solid this year. And most of these guys were plucked from the most successful SEC programs like Georgia and Bama. SO were they suspect hires when Saban and Smart made them?

Reactions: butchna
To be fair, I completely agree that our coaches should be questioned why the hell players cant get lined up properly? Why the QB position sucks so badly but wasn't addressed more in the offseason? Why JG continues to start? Etc. I'm in the same boat with the naysayers on those topics. I'm in the same boat on losing to GA State being completely unexceptable for a Tennessee Staff.

Okay, a great coaching staff doesn't get out coached by Georgia State in the HCs 2nd year.

What pedigree does Pruitt have when it comes to being a HC? I'm waiting....

Because I know lots of DCs and OCs that were great at being a coordinator, but failed at being a HC.
Failed at HC but usually their side of the ball at least looks decent. We just simply havent looked good anywhere.

every coach on this staff has had great success on a variety of levels. Pruitt has been successful and made the team better at every single place he has coached. So ...

Because it's not possible that Mark Stoops developed the defensive talent at FSU from 2010-2012 and Pruitt just came in during his one season at the school in 2013 and reaped the benefits of Stoops's recruiting and development?

If Pruitt were so impactful in a single season with the team, why are seeing the exact opposite at UT?

Reactions: JoAllan
Well Helton got picked up as a head coach, so apparently he impressed somewhat. Helton also isnt here anymore; Jim Chaney is. Most wouldve said Chaney was one of the top OC's in the conference when he was at Georgia. Friend I was critical of but Oline recruiting has been pretty damn good and the two freshmen look pretty good; I by no means think Oline is a strength but it looks much better than the past few years, JMO.

Not being a smart A but wasnt it rumored Sherrer was considered for DC at Georgia and Bama? Sherrer does coach special teams which have been solid this year. And most of these guys were plucked from the most successful SEC programs like Georgia and Bama. SO were they suspect hires when Saban and Smart made them?

After spring and fall camp, Will Friend still couldn't figure out who the 5 best offensive linemen were, and rotated 9 of them during the Georgia State game, while we were losing the game.

Let that sink in, and then reread it again, that's our offensive line coach.

Helton didn't get hired by WKU because of his performance at UT.

Because it's not possible that Mark Stoops developed the defensive talent at FSU from 2010-2012 and Pruitt just came in during his one season at the school in 2013 and reaped the benefits of Stoops's recruiting and development?

If Pruitt were so impactful in a single season with the team, why are seeing the exact opposite at UT?
Not the same talent, maybe there is something to what Swain has mentioned

After spring and fall camp, Will Friend still couldn't figure out who the 5 best offensive linemen were, and rotated 9 of them during the Georgia State game, while we were losing the game.

Fair enough. That said he has two very talented freshmen and the health of Trey was still kind of up in the air.

The ones transferring are fast figuring out that the guys below them are, in fact, gonna be much better than them within a year and are capable of playing at a high level.
They realized despite a year under Pruitt, they dont have what it takes to be competitive in the SEC.
Butch sold them a dream.
It's not rocket science guys.
Its off to Jr. College or a Sun Belt team where they fit in.
Move.....a....long.....

You are crazy! It is a good look. It means CJP is continuing to GET RID of the PLAYERS NOT GIVING THEIR ALL FOR TN. If they can't give 100% exactly as asked, they need to hit the curb!!!

Before we start calling kids cancer and each other names, let’s consider that maybe these kids want more playing time or to play a different role. People treated Hurd like he was a dog after he was used as a battering ram for three years. In hindsight, Butch had plenty in Kamara and Kelly and Hurd was asking to play at a position that we needed a lot of help at. We probably would have won the East had Butch respected his player’s wishes. That isn’t to say Pruitt isn’t. He seems to be a guy that is very open to playing kids where they want to play no matter how indecisive they may be. But PT is something he has to make a firm decision on. That said I agree that many might agree that it is a bad look from the outside looking in, but I also agree that if we have kids unhappy playing where and how much they are playing then both sides clearly need to press on.

Here is something that has been pressing me. I feel like we are caught in this recruit kids to play early trap. Those are the hopes of most of our recruits when they get here. If they don’t, they leave. Then we lose depth which makes it hard for us to win, because we not only need relief behind the starters, we need talent. So, we lose and we start all over again recruiting kids to play early as opposed to playing for a winning program. How does any coach break that cycle? They are truthful with the players they recruit.

Pruitt has been called a lot of things. He has made his mistakes, but he has also recruited some serious talent and put together a better staff than anyone expected. His younger players are performing and know they will need to continue to perform is they don’t want to end up like the guys they have replaced. He is building the foundation with ethics and philosophy, not brick by brick.

Here is a truth I have learned about life and everything in it. Things often get worse before they get better. That is where UT football is, but they will get better and I still have Pruitt’s back. I think this is ultimately better for everyone if these kids have an issue with how much or where they are playing.

Are you sure it was Friend that made the decision to play musical chairs with the OL?

I honestly don't know--but have thought it was the OC who made those personnel choices in game planning before and in substitutions made during the game.

Are you sure it was Friend that made the decision to play musical chairs with the OL?

I honestly don't know--but have thought it was the OC who made those personnel choices in game planning before and in substitutions made during the game.

OC might have certain situations where he wants a personnel grouping on the field for certain possibilities, but generally the position coach is going to decide who plays. OC would certainly have veto power, so I guess in that sense it is his decision. But in reality he has too much to do during a game to be worried about managing personnel. He's going to rely on the position coach most of the time.

If we are paying Friend $800,000/year, but don't trust him to choose the five starting linemen, then there's not much hope for Pruitt improving his HC skills.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I don't blame them they know their playing time will be limited but if they leave best of luck
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly! Goodbye! Good Luck! Good Riddance! At least one of them had drug charges surrounding his tenure here. Duh????????? You mean attitude problems, negativity and drug charges.
And some of these internet cowboys wanna keep 'em.

THAT'LL BE GREAT FOR MORALE, HUH???????

Come on Coach Pruitt! Recruit the rest of YOUR guys!

Show these message board cowboys how misinformed they are about the FACT
that you know how to coach winners...and so does the rest of the staff.

When the negatronic riff raff is shed, those with the good attitudes will get the job done...to be joined by a more like them, in 2020.

Recruit, Coach Jeremy, Recruit!!!
GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back