Top Uncommited Prospects

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
On UF's board, its a testament to our staff that a 5-7 team is in on so many of these guys.

1. Ronald Powell - The most impressive player at the event was no doubt Ronald Powell. The California defensive end/tight end spent the night playing tight end because he didn't have pads. Powell is a dominant tight end with speed often overpowering defenders when the ball is in the air. He will be a crazy mismatch for anyone on offense, but we also saw him at camp as a defensive end in June and know that he is the best at that position as well.

2. Chris Dunkley – Dunkley quite frankly beat everyone he went against and only on poorly thrown balls did the ball wind up not in his hands. He has a bounce to his game and just explodes on every single step he makes. He makes every catch there is and made the very best cornerbacks look silly at times. Dunkley's performance is the best we have seen on the camp circuit this summer.

3. Ivan McCartney – McCartney didn't have the best night catching the ball, but when you watch him play, he is electric and oh so smooth. Blessed with good height and great hands, McCartney is a big time wide receiver in his own right.

4. Lamarcus Joyner – Joyner isn't the tallest guy on the field, but he is a flat out brute. Joyner is so physical that as well as he plays in an environment without pads, you know when the pads on, it is going to be played at a whole new level. Joyner looked like he really enjoyed himself and often did standing front flips to celebrate a nice play. He is a great athlete that can fly and has long arms and in our opinion very deserved of his lofty rankings.

5. Jeff Luc – Much like Joyner, Luc is one that will be better in pads, but his physical presence was felt early and often on Friday. Luc is a guy that you have to see to believe how well put together he is. He isn't going to turn the fastest of the linebackers, but when he has a beat on something it is over and the ball carrier is down.

6. Chaz Green – Is a flat out beast and when he gets the paws on the defender it is over. Green just flat out dominates folks and is pretty technically sound with his hands needing to work a little on his footwork. He could easily be in the top three on this list, but a top six is outstanding for a guy playing on the offensive line, a position that rarely gets love anyway.

7. Sharrif Floyd – Floyd is a dominant run stuffer and has great size. The staff was all over him all night and that says a lot about his talent in our opinion. Look for Floyd's interest in Florida to pick up immensely following this camp. The Gator staff could use a big run stuffing and play making defensive tackle in the middle.

8. Dominique Easley – Easley came to camp to make a statement and he did just that. A quicker defensive tackle, Easley is another playmaker on the inside and has a very quick first step and some power to back his motion up.

9. Marcus Shaw – With Mack Brown in the fold, it isn't likely that Marcus Shaw will be a Gator, but he is an exceptional athlete and made several big plays Friday night as a running back. He has size, speed, and the ability to make people miss. One of his best attributes is catching the ball and getting up field quickly. An all around back, Shaw is going to make some school extremely happy when he suits up.

10. Neiron Ball – The defensive end from Jackson (GA) is a blur off the edge and with another 15 pounds and more strength, he would have moved up this list. Still, there is no denying his talent and he has room to grow after losing weight while recovering from an injury. Ball got a lot of love from the staff, but the number of linemen taken in this class seems to be dwindling and we should know soon if he will be included in the overall plan. He mentioned the will to commit this weekend, so we will have to see where that goes.

We are still in with some of these guys?

I thought Luc, Joyner and Dunkley had pretty much dropped Tennessee..

I thought Dunkley committed to UF. But the last I heard Luc was supposed to be here for Auburn game and Joyner was supposed to be here for offical as well. UF will always get great players look at the #'s in their back yard. There are alot of good players around. We can get our share as well. More than enough to be competive with the Gators.

7. Sharrif Floyd – Floyd is a dominant run stuffer and has great size. The staff was all over him all night and that says a lot about his talent in our opinion. Look for Floyd's interest in Florida to pick up immensely following this camp. The Gator staff could use a big run stuffing and play making defensive tackle in the middle.
8. Dominique Easley – Easley came to camp to make a statement and he did just that. A quicker defensive tackle, Easley is another playmaker on the inside and has a very quick first step and some power to back his motion up.

:wavey:

Great post, thanks. :clap:

Your info on Sharrif may clear some things up that happened today. It was suprising to many Gators to hear that we will not accept Easley's commitment at this time. Your statement ^ is I guess what happened and what led them to this decision. That could only mean there is another DT, higher on our board, that we expect to land. Some fans thought it could be Floyd but weren't sure after his 'great' visit psu. Only other guy we could think of is Nix, but he's pretty much a miami lock.

:yahoo:

:wavey:

Great post, thanks. :clap:

Your info on Sharrif may clear some things up that happened today. It was suprising to many Gators to hear that we will not accept Easley's commitment at this time. Your statement ^ is I guess what happened and what led them to this decision. That could only mean there is another DT, higher on our board, that we expect to land. Some fans thought it could be Floyd but weren't sure after his 'great' visit psu. Only other guy we could think of is Nix, but he's pretty much a miami lock.

:yahoo:

only when compulsive bed wetters start sleep walking into polish whore houses (or UF dorms) do we get posters like this one.

Keep hearing differing things about dunkley. if he was such a uf lock, why hasnt he pulled the trigger? there is a rumor that its nukeese type thing.

Keep hearing differing things about dunkley. if he was such a uf lock, why hasnt he pulled the trigger? there is a rumor that its nukeese type thing.

Yes, there certainly is. I've been trying to ignore it for a month because I can't see it happening. But it just won't go away...

Powell and Dunkley are the most likely to become Gators. Powell is torn between USC and UF. His cousin is attending UF now and that is a contributing factor to UF. USC's DE depth is also a concern for him.

Dunkly is playing the recruiting game like Debose did last year. I'm not saying he's a solid to UF but I'm pretty sure he's a gator on NSD.

Luc will play in the SEC. Most likely UF or LSU. Says he loves Kiffin (Monte) so there is hope there for UT.

Insiders are now saying that Floyd is torn between PSU and UF. The single biggest problem is that his mom cannot afford to travel to UF to see him play. It's similar to the Scroggins issue. He'll probably end up at PSU.

Easley most likely will not be in this class for UF. It's very much like the Ambles and Louis situation. UF told them to wait. They didn't like that and moved on. I 100% do not blame them.

Joyner will end up at FSU or OSU. Those are his clear favorites.

Ball committed to UF. UF is only signing one back this class so shaw is out.

UF is going hard at McCartney. Not sure where he ends up.

Yes, there certainly is. I've been trying to ignore it for a month because I can't see it happening. But it just won't go away...

i love being mentioned with the top wideouts!! We still have two more we can grab out of a big list of suitors. Dunkley, Woods, Prater, Cobbs, etc.

VN Store

Back