Top Ten Active College Basketball Coaches

SportsFreak

This is nothing official, just my opinion. What is yours?

1) Mike Krzyzewski (Duke)
2) Tom Izzo (Michigan State)
2) Rick Pitino (Louisville)
3) Jim Boeheim (Syracuse)
4) Roy Williams (UNC)
5) John Calipari (Kentucky)
6) Bill Self (Kansas)
7) Jim Calhoun (UCONN)
8) Frank Martin (Kansas State)
9) Mark Few (Gonzaga)
10) Jay Wright (Villanova)

How do rick barnes and brad stevens not make the list?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I dunno... I like I said it was just my opinion. I don't think that Stephens has consistently proved himself yet; however, I think he will. And to be completely honest I have never really cared much for Rick Barnes.

I'd take Bruce over any of them. I've never seen any of the above deal with, and overcome, the sort of adversity that Pearl's had to deal with in the past. Not many, if any, of them could have made the Elite Eight (and very nearly the Final Four) last season after having to kick a Tyler Smith off the team. Before Bruce, my favorite was Jim Valvano.

This is nothing official, just my opinion. What is yours?

1) Mike Krzyzewski (Duke)
2) Tom Izzo (Michigan State)
2) Rick Pitino (Louisville)
3) Jim Boeheim (Syracuse)
4) Roy Williams (UNC)
5) John Calipari (Kentucky)
6) Bill Self (Kansas)
7) Jim Calhoun (UCONN)
8) Frank Martin (Kansas State)
9) Mark Few (Gonzaga)
10) Jay Wright (Villanova)

The hard thing about this is to try to figure out if you are saying top 10 most accomplished current coaches, or
top 10 coaches you would build a program around.

Calhoun would make the first list and would be nowhere near the second. In fact, I think Calhoun, Pitino and Boeheim are all Lions in Winter, with Pitino's recruiting problems post restaurant bathroom sex and $ for abortion scandal curtailing him early unless he gets the heck out of Louisville.

Frank Martin I think is not a great coach. I think everyone will agree with me in 5 years.

The SEC has some awesome coaches. I think 5 years from now Trent Johnson will be much more respected. I also think that there are people on here who drastically underestimate Pelphrey and he will be coaching in the SEC 3 years from now unless he chooses to take another job.

The hard thing about this is to try to figure out if you are saying top 10 most accomplished current coaches, or
top 10 coaches you would build a program around.

Calhoun would make the first list and would be nowhere near the second. In fact, I think Calhoun, Pitino and Boeheim are all Lions in Winter, with Pitino's recruiting problems post restaurant bathroom sex and $ for abortion scandal curtailing him early unless he gets the heck out of Louisville.

Frank Martin I think is not a great coach. I think everyone will agree with me in 5 years.

The SEC has some awesome coaches. I think 5 years from now Trent Johnson will be much more respected. I also think that there are people on here who drastically underestimate Pelphrey and he will be coaching in the SEC 3 years from now unless he chooses to take another job.

Understandable where that was kind of left open to interpretation. I do agree with you on the SEC though.. Once coach you left out was Mark Fox. I think he will be a hot commodity in a couple years. The people in Georgia sure better work hard to make him happy because I have a feeling that schools will be trying to lure him away in about 5 years or so.

1. Bruce Pearl
2. Bruce Pearl
3. Bruce Pearl
4. Bruce Pearl
5. Pat Summitt
6. Bruce Pearl
7. Bruce Pearl
8. Tyler Summitt
9. Bruce Pearl
10. Bruce Pearl

Move to UT Basketball Forum

/end thread.

1. Bruce Pearl
2. Bruce Pearl
3. Bruce Pearl
4. Bruce Pearl
5. Pat Summitt
6. Bruce Pearl
7. Bruce Pearl
8. Tyler Summitt
9. Bruce Pearl
10. Bruce Pearl

Move to UT Basketball Forum

/end thread.

You forgot 10(a) Bruce Pearl
10(b) Peyton Manning

with Pitino's recruiting problems post restaurant bathroom sex and $ for abortion scandal curtailing him early unless he gets the heck out of Louisville.

It was actually a mix between the booth and table, while one of his assistants hid in another booth. Just sayin'.....

Take away the home cooking Duke always gets, and occasional unwarranted love from the selection committee and it's probably a different conversation, but right now he's the best in the game.

VN Store

Back