'20 Top Football Recruits in Tennessee

I think you're on to something with Curtis. I'm watching film and he is a much better ilb prospect than French from Memphis. Sheds blocks and fights through. French looks a step slower too.

I believe French is the better of the two Inside LB for Whitehaeven. Eason was a beast his freshman year thought he played better than the Sr LB that went to Mizzou in the championship game a couple years ago. But he’s has gotten big and slow. The games l watched of Curtis vs MBA this year he just didn’t stand out to me.

Yes I just saw Antonio he’s a big kid. I’m not sure exactly where he projects though played LB and WR last year. His teammates Hollis and Bennet are D1 players too.

Safety imo.

Good athlete. good speed and physical.

Last edited:
Folks why has UT struggled to sign top WR prospects out of the state of Tennessee the past 4-5 years?

last year Pruitt just had others guy's he was interested in.

prior, acc to hubbs and company, there were just guy's Botch and Co flat out didnt go after ... and flat out missed on evals.

Talking heads say this a lot about instaters, but airbody agrees for instaters. #20

Last edited:
@bignewt

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
I meant to say that it would be nice for it to take an "upset" for TN to lose an in-state kid they went all in on. No school completely "locks down" their state, I get that. But not signing Norton, Patterson, and Hampton were not shocks to anyone. I wish it was a shock to lose guys like that. JMO

Fully agree

I believe class of 2021 will be special for middle TN. Some elite talent will come out when it’s all said and done.

Counted six 4-stars on the list who are committed to other schools and reside in or to the left of Nashville. Not saying beating Vandy is going to totally solve that problem, but it couldn't hurt to be the best team in the state that we are trying to lock down

As cities Memphis and Nashville dispise each other for decades. Memphis always thought it should be the state capital. For you really old timers, do you remember the State tags for cars that started with 1-, 2-, 3- etc etc etc, those were 1 Shelby, 2 Davidson, 3 Knox county and every county in the state based upon county population. Shelby county was pizzed off when the state did away with that numbering system and they were no longer #1 in the state. Losing to Vandy would make no difference to kids in Memphis. Plus the kids are looking for the best place to get the to the NFL.

As cities Memphis and Nashville dispise each other for decades. Memphis always thought it should be the state capital. For you really old timers, do you remember the State tags for cars that started with 1-, 2-, 3- etc etc etc, those were 1 Shelby, 2 Davidson, 3 Knox county and every county in the state based upon county population. Shelby county was pizzed off when the state did away with that numbering system and they were no longer #1 in the state. Losing to Vandy would make no difference to kids in Memphis. Plus the kids are looking for the best place to get the to the NFL.
Remember Madison Cty was #7

Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
Hillgrove and
Marietta and Grayson are the 2 schools where we have natural pipelines in the ATL area. Colquitt County in South GA is another where we have an in with the players and coaching staff. Any others I'm missing? What GA schools do we need to do a better job of recruiting?
Hillgrove

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Of the Top 10, 6 players show CB's to schools other than TN, and one is 50/50 with UT and VT. That is not acceptable. CJP and staff have got to fix this starting with this year's recruits. Sure we have to get top recruits from other states, but we need to sign at least 60 - 70% of the top recruits in state annually.
The experts don’t really know this far out. It’s kinda like when most of them had Darnell going to Ohio state early last year. Things change in recruiting almost daily. I wouldn’t put much stock in thier predictions until one commits.

A player from tennessee 4 star is more likely to be the equivalent to a georgia 3 star. Jmo

Reactions: SugarCC
And a 2* in Texas or Fla is a 3* in Ga?
I know you are not new to this. GA high school FB is way more competitive than TN. Competition breeds better players. Now of course you will have a gem here and there, that all states tho. I would say TX and FL are ahead of TN also, as far as breeding more numbers of quality recruits.

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back