Top 5 things I’d consider a success this upcoming season

Teezy

Top 5 Improvements

1. Beat Florida. That’s it.

2. Show improvement on both lines of scrimmage. Now that we have more experience on the defensive and offensive lines with limited movement, this should be a step forward. We have some holes to fill, but if we can find consistency, I will consider it a success.

3. A visible improvement of our skill players at RB/WR (Small, Wright, Hyatt, Holiday, Calloway, Tillman). Obviously this will skyrocket recruiting interest at those positions and solidify a top 10 or even top 5 class.

4. This one may be a stretch, but I would love to see a different variant in our tempo in certain situations. I love our up tempo offense, but I can only hope we would have a scheme for times we need our offense to move slower and drag the game clock.

5. Regardless of our W/L, I would love to see us competitive in every game we play. I would consider it a success if we are close until late 3rd quarter vs Bama and Georgia.

I’d love to hear your guys top 5 as well. Sorry if there’s another thread that’s similar. It’s been awhile since I’ve come on the board and I’ve been obsessed with thinking about this recently!

1. Pitt Win
2. Florida win
3. Consistent pass rush without blitzing (I agree 1000% jackaroo)
4. Play GA and Bama within 2 TDs
5. No slip ups against Vandy, Missouri, SC or KY
I'd take this. Also think it's going to be interesting to see adjustments to our scheme second time around, so I think our offense is going to need to be better to get the same results...just my guess, but I think we'll be better running the ball.

1. Pitt Win
2. Florida win
3. Consistent pass rush without blitzing (I agree 1000% jackaroo)
4. Play GA and Bama within 2 TDs
5. No slip ups against Vandy, Missouri, SC or KY

I like these 5 with my only exception being #4. Rather being within 2 TDs I want the Vols to simply beat the spread against UGA AND Bama. If we can't do that we are not making progress against the two programs we have to challenge.

How about receiving total consciousness after wins vs Bama, Gators and Dawgs???

Reactions: Teezy
Top 5 Improvements

1. Beat Florida. That’s it.

2. Show improvement on both lines of scrimmage. Now that we have more experience on the defensive and offensive lines with limited movement, this should be a step forward. We have some holes to fill, but if we can find consistency, I will consider it a success.

3. A visible improvement of our skill players at RB/WR (Small, Wright, Hyatt, Holiday, Calloway, Tillman). Obviously this will skyrocket recruiting interest at those positions and solidify a top 10 or even top 5 class.

4. This one may be a stretch, but I would love to see a different variant in our tempo in certain situations. I love our up tempo offense, but I can only hope we would have a scheme for times we need our offense to move slower and drag the game clock.

5. Regardless of our W/L, I would love to see us competitive in every game we play. I would consider it a success if we are close until late 3rd quarter vs Bama and Georgia.

I’d love to hear your guys top 5 as well. Sorry if there’s another thread that’s similar. It’s been awhile since I’ve come on the board and I’ve been obsessed with thinking about this recently!

Love is always a joy's frame of mind to be in. Reality, sorrowfully is a different matter.

It's all about the defense. I have no concerns about the offense.

Just a little improvement on defense, especially the DBs, could mean winning 9 or more games instead of 7 or 8

We drug the clock from time to time last year. The offense would just stand in a sort of huddle then rush to the line of scrimmage and snap the ball. I like that much better than making the big guys get down in a stance and hold that while the clock ticks down. The way CH does it still does not give the defense time to set look around and call a play.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back