Top 25 Future QBs according to Rittenburg

Also... John Ryhs Plumlee in Kiffin's system will be much better than Garrett Shrader in the Air Raid. Shrader's lack of passing ability is why Moorhead and Leach both pursued a QB transfer as soon as they got the job.

It includes current and future players (from 2020 season to 2022).

ESPN recruiting service is just atrocious. That's all you really need to know. It is legitimately the worst. Rivals is a fairly close 2nd. You know they aren't giving us much credit for JG/BM/JT.

Their recruiting service ranked HB 244th...and Carson Beck (UGA commit) 234th.

Let's compare, shall we?

Screenshot_20200205-121924.jpg

Beck: 49% completion, 20 TD/9 INT (2.2:1 ratio) & 6.63 YPA

HB: 70% completion, 50 TDs/10 INTs (5:1 ratio), and 11.4 YPA!

Lists says top 25 FUTURE QB'S which should be full of guys unseen. OU is breaking in a new QB and they also lost their top WR, we havent seen UGA's qb at all but im pretty sure their top WR is also gone, we also saw LSU before Burrow. Are we sure they will have a top 25 qb. Not only are they losing Burrow but they are also losing the entire offense. We should be in the top 25 on that list based off how many young qbs we have on the roster who have actually taken snaps. Im not even saying top 20 i know they didnt light it up but for the most part they played like typical young Qbs play. I haven't heard anyone say BM or Shrout couldnt develope into good Qbs. This is all without mentioning the 5 star early enrollee.
Check the article again. It includes both current (2020) and future QBs.

They are projecting 2020-2022 QB play, based on both roster and staff's ability to develop.

College football's Top 25 future QB power rankings

Last edited:
This is stupid in a lot of ways.

Oklahoma's starter has thrown 11 career passes and they're #5 but Louisville's youngster threw 22 TDs and only 5 Ints last year and they're #21? This tells me recruiting rankings are a heavy factor. If so, why isn't Tennessee on the list?

North Carolina is #9, but their QB was 31st in QBR last year. Again, this can only be explained by Sam Howell being a highly rated recruited. So why isn't South Carolina on the list?

And perhaps the stupidest thing of all... where the heck is Auburn?

Did you read the paragraph on OU? Development is obviously key and Riley is tops there at the moment.

This is stupid in a lot of ways.

Oklahoma's starter has thrown 11 career passes and they're #5 but Louisville's youngster threw 22 TDs and only 5 Ints last year and they're #21? This tells me recruiting rankings are a heavy factor. If so, why isn't Tennessee on the list?
Well, probably because you have a 5 star recruit that's in line for the starting job with a highly rated 4 star backing him up. Both are being coached by a man who already helped 2 OU QBs bring home a Heisman Trophy along with sending a 3rd to NYC in his 3 years as head coach.

I'd say there's probably some expectations either Rattler or Mordecai will perform slightly above average at the position given the pedigree of their QB coach.

Well, probably because you have a 5 star recruit that's in line for the starting job with a highly rated 4 star backing him up. Both are being coached by a man who already helped 2 OU QBs bring home a Heisman Trophy along with sending a 3rd to NYC in his 3 years as head coach.

I'd say there's probably some expectations either Rattler or Mordecai will perform slightly above average at the position given the pedigree of their QB coach.
You talking about Oklahoma or Tennessee? Only difference between our QB situations is we have more depth.

I seen this earlier and it’s not a poll on top qbs but rather projected Qb depth.

How could all those teams possibly have more QBs than TN? Aren't we almost in double digits?

How could all those teams possibly have more QBs than TN? Aren't we almost in double digits?
They’re guilty of the same things most of us are. They trust the services “evaluations” and assume stars equal quality. At this point JG is what he is and the best QB we have backing him that we know of is a 3*. It’s also extremely possible that that 3* could easily be our best option in 2021.

If that's the case we should be #1 considering we have 5 QBs which is the most in the league
See post 39. My response would be the same. I agree with you but this is my understanding of what they are judging it on.

Check the article again. It includes both current (2020) and future QBs.

They are projecting 2020-2022 QB play, based on both roster and staff's ability to develop.

College football's Top 25 future QB power rankings
Is the 2020 season not the future??? They haven't even had spring practice yet. OU, UGA, & LSU are still going to be breaking in new qbs in 2020. We have the #2 pocket passer as an early enrollee. U telling me that he is not a top 25 future qb but whomever starts at LSU or UGA is??? If we only talking about future projections we have 2 sophomores who have actually played in real games, and 2 prized freshman. Going into 2020 we have 1 5star qb, 2 4star qbs, an unheralded development guy with an NFL arm, and another freshman who might be one of the best athletes in the SEC. Coaching development is a factor but im pretty sure that CJC has a reputation for developing qbs.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Did you read the paragraph on OU? Development is obviously key and Riley is tops there at the moment.
Absolutely did not read a single word. It's obviously trash and I don't want to clutter my mind.

Is the 2020 season not the future??? They haven't even had spring practice yet. OU, UGA, & LSU are still going to be breaking in new qbs in 2020. We have the #2 pocket passer as an early enrollee. U telling me that he is not a top 25 future qb but whomever starts at LSU or UGA is??? If we only talking about future projections we have 2 sophomores who have actually played in real games, and 2 prized freshman. Going into 2020 we have 1 5star qb, 2 4star qbs, an unheralded development guy with an NFL arm, and another freshman who might be one of the best athletes in the SEC. Coaching development is a factor but im pretty sure that CJC has a reputation for developing qbs.
CJC and Chris Weinke have a reputation for developing QBs. The truth is the people who made this list can't see past Jarrett Guarantano. He has been terrible, so the perception is that QBs don't thrive in Tennessee's offense. That's what this boils down too. Fortunately, perception is not reality. People were saying the same things about LSU's offense prior to 2019. Yes, Joe Brady is smart... but so is Jim Chaney. He's proven that he can develop quarterbacks. He did it with Tyler Bray. He did it with Drew Brees. He did it with Jake Fromm. He did it with Brandon Allen. He did it with Nathan Peterman. And he'll do it with Harrison Bailey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah... because Georgia's offense got so much better without Jim Chaney.
Chaney wasn't the only change for UGA that year though. They lost all of their WR's/TE's and a 1,000 yd rusher. While Chaney is most certainly better than Coley, acting like Coley had the same tools to work with as Chaney is a bit disingenuous.

Does anyone know what they mean by "future"? Is that 2020 or the next 4 years or what? If future is beyond '20 then that's pretty stupid. UT just signed one of the best 5 or 10 QB recruits in the country with several "experts" making the case that he was the best QB in the last class.

If by future they mean '20 then it makes more sense. Regardless of "names"... a team entering the season with a starter that's as shaky as UT's starter and a lot of unknowns behind him... isn't a good bet.

Some of you guys mad thinking that Tennessee got dissed can't seem to grasp the fact that we have no recent track record developing QB's whereas Oklahoma and probably every one of those other schools are miles and some cases light years ahead of us in that category.

We're rebuilding. What Chaney might possibly do is irrelevant. That we have some highly touted QB's on paper is also irrelevant. We haven't shown any QB upside on the field of play in a long time. Until we do how is it that we deserve accolades for paper prowess?

These are the same as people who want us to be pre-season ranked in the top 25 when we have done absolutely nothing to earn that. I think it would be much better if we shocked the world and people thought the team came out of nowhere than to have these meaningless trophies.

Reactions: Dawgoutofwater
Ohio state 2 and 10 good job ESPN
Looks about right. Media idiots across the board can’t do math/aren’t good with numbers....I’m looking at you Brian Williams and the New York Times editor chick. Lol.

VN Store

Back