Top 20 recruiting class BOOM!

Stating the obvious, but even though they still have to sign the LOI.....what a huge day for UT!

Dominoes are falling

giphy.gif

silent commits for a big finish to December would be very nice...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!

Well we can sign at least 8 more, maybe more depending on how the numbers work since we are so short on scholarship players at the moment.
Honesty I’d rather end recruiting with what we have over doing the Lyle thing and just accepting a bunch of 3*s or lower just to fill out a class. Save those scholarships for next year when we can have a chance to pull top talent. Lyle really screwed us with those huge classes as it left his last couple classes with limited spots and he still loaded up on 3*s just because they would commit early or after an embarrassing loss.
Hopefully we can find a few 5*s to flip now and a few more 4*s and then can go after a couple “project” players to finish the class.
You can only sign 25 in a year, that includes transfers. Can’t save schollies for next year when you are already under 85.

Star average is what counts. Let’s close this thing strong.
No it doesn't. Ya'll get hung up on these rankings, it's laughable. What matters is whether or not these guys can fill holes, and whether or not they can be developed.

Guarantano was a 4*. Bryce Brown was a 5*.... (that class in general)

This class is going to be so OL/DL heavy that I’ll be hard to crack the top ten. And you know what, I’m just fine with that. This class is going to be just what the doctor ordered.

Thomas, Hardy, Baron, Henderson, Grimes, and hopefully Morris to round out the in-state crowd. Then realistically we have a shot at Oxendine, Whitehead, and Williams. Just need to find us a TE and another WR.

Let's hope it continues. And yes to the person who said this class will be OL and DL heavy.

that's what I'm liking.

No it doesn't. Ya'll get hung up on these rankings, it's laughable. What matters is whether or not these guys can fill holes, and whether or not they can be developed.

He is talking in relation to overall team position.. And he is right, average star ranking is much more important than overall team position.

Guarantano was a 4*. Bryce Brown was a 5*.... (that class in general)

Look at the top 10 247 classes, then look at the AP top 10 rankings and get back to me on that. Tennessee having piss poor development doesn’t mean we didn’t have good players, as we watch Shy Tuttle and Kyle Phillips start in the NFL after being undrafted.

Reactions: sierraorange

VN Store

Back