Top 10 projected defenses in 2020 according to SP+

You are probably the only person that argues this to the extent you do. Its comical that you seem to think you're one of the few in the sports world that knows football is a team sport and a QB can't play the game without the other 10 on his team. Lol.

LSU with JG doesn't win the NC. Obviously just my opinion.

Your opinion is noted.

Surprised Florida is # 6 with all that turnover from last season.

You shouldn’t be. UF has always had talent. It’s funny, some TN fans would love to use the few odd years that UF has struggled as some sort of comparison to what we have went through. It’s not even been remotely close.

It’s the silly idea of thinking that a sport that requires so many players can be reduced down to a single position.
I’ve always thought along these lines when the argument arises about Peyton losing the Heisman because HE couldn’t beat UF. Can’t lay all that on his shoulders. Our defense had trouble with Spurriers offense.

But I will say it’s a very true statement that bad QB play can cost a game. Just like a kicker having a bad game can cost a game. The machine has many moving parts. All have to work in harmony.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I’ve always thought along these lines when the argument arises about Peyton losing the Heisman because HE couldn’t beat UF. Can’t lay all that on his shoulders. Our defense had trouble with Spurriers offense.

But I will say it’s a very true statement that bad QB play can cost a game. Just like a kicker having a bad game can cost a game. The machine has many moving parts. All have to work in harmony.

I totally agree. Bad QB play can absolutely cost a game. I just don’t see why many more cannot understand what you said here.

Reactions: ptcarter
Bad QB play can cost a game. Fact. UT’s bad QB play HAS cost us games. Also fact.

True. Bad coaching can cost a game. Bad coaching HAS cost us games. Fact. Bad defense can cost a game. Fact. Bad defense HAS cost us games. Fact.

Anybody notice how Oklahoma didn't make the top ten in defense like the Vols?

Hmmm so playing defense at a high level and running effectively are based on QB play? Interesting.

It truly is interesting. The opponent's QB play does impact how your defense will play. If he's dual-threat, your defense must play a containment style of sorts. If he's Peyton dangerous, you play to neutralize his targets and disrupt his rhythm . Even for a team that runs, and runs, and runs because it doesn't know how to pass, it is interesting. See, the QB (or in KY's case, QB pretender) has to call the preplanned strategy (plays) so everybody knows what to do. Including the guy who gets the ball and runs it. Otherwise, nobody will know what they're doing and lose the game or lose worse than they would otherwise. Now, when JG opted to freelance instead of following the preplanned (I mean play) in Alabam game, it was a perfect example of how QB play affects game outcomes. Even though it was a running play, or was supposed to be.

Seriously, I know what you mean but decided to have some fun.

Hmmm so playing defense at a high level and running effectively are based on QB play? Interesting.

Running the football is definately linked to good qb play, if contending for sec east. You can run on the weaker teams without good qb play, but not the good ones.

Running the football is definately linked to good qb play, if contending for sec east. You can run on the weaker teams without good qb play, but not the good ones.

And good QB play can definitely be linked to a strong running game. It works both ways.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back