Top 10 projected defenses in 2020 according to SP+

Why you gotta go there? :)

Seriously though, quite the progression considering where our defense has been in recent history.
hahaha...i didn't want anyone to feel too bad for Bama......

but yeah....we're going in the right direction for sure......agreed.

i'm excited about the next couple years...

Why you gotta go there? :)

Seriously though, quite the progression considering where our defense has been in recent history.
as to the defense specifically...hard to ignore all the returning production on the DL, and the incoming talent that should give some more depth.

same on the back end, in the secondary. aside from losing Warrior, we have a lot of depth and talent, and now experience at corner....safeties and nickel should should be really good too.

LB has some questions, but depth got better. and HT is a stud....expecting Crouch and JJP (hopefully) and Deandre Johnson to step up.....

the only thing we don't have, at least as a "known" commodity, is that elite edge rusher....couple of the rookies may develop in to that....Joseph, Baron...... but, the way pruitt and ansley have dialed up pressure this past season....we were still effective at getting in to the backfield on run blitzes and affecting the QB.

our defense should be legit......

that's called progress and I just hope we can surpass it by the end of the season...:D:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: TennMan101
UGA may have the best defense....but not sure they're gonna do well at scoring points.

I'm surprised we are so high after losing who we lost. That's reason for optimism for sure
we didn't lose all that much on defense, numbers wise.

bituli, taylor and warrior....that's really it. everybody else is basically back and we get gooden back from injury on the DL.

not to discount how well those three played last year, they did and that's production that will be missed......and leadership.

but still returning 75% (probably more when you consider overall productive depth returning) of the total production, with budding stars in HT, thompson, taylor, crouch etc....

yeah, lots to be excited about.

OU for the #2 offense is a bit far fetched. They have to replace the quarterback. And I know they have some highly rated kids there, but none of them have played. Is Rattler the heir apparent there?

Reactions: Vol423
OU for the #2 offense is a bit far fetched. They have to replace the quarterback. And I know they have some highly rated kids there, but none of them have played. Is Rattler the heir apparent there?
well, he has a formula. it's science.

Reactions: VolDC
When you can play defense at a high level and run the ball effectively, you give yourslf a chance in every game.

Its all gonna boil down to the QB play.

Reactions: Frozevol
Good news. Interesting projection for Wisconsin unless competition is factored in. Playing in their Big10 division isn't the most challenging...

Reactions: MikeVol44
I think he is. They're pretty high on him.

If this ranking is close then it ought to be an interesting match up.

I think we win this game honestly. If JG(HB probably) can manage the games we win a lot that we would have lost by 2+ scores in recent years. GBO 🍊🍊🍊

If we have a top scoring D, then we shouldn't have any loses to any bad or soso teams. This also means we shouldn't be out of any games against the upper echelon either. May the orange ball in the sky shine brightly on the Big Orange this season.

UGA may have the best defense....but not sure they're gonna do well at scoring points.

I'm surprised we are so high after losing who we lost. That's reason for optimism for sure
Unfortunately they got rid of Coley. He was Randy Sanders level awful. A program killer if they hadn't have cut him loose.

Bama loosing Tua and a lot of weapons at WR at #1? Get that ishhh outa here. Vols beat Bama by two scores this year book it. Go Vols!!!

Reactions: kbear01

VN Store

Back