Top 10 biggest recruiting busts at UT since 2000

Kmac was a good DT.. period anyone that things he wasn't knows nothing about football. He will get drafted, he will play on sundays. Not sit on the bench cashing checks he will play.

Kmac was not a bust people just set goals of him being something he was not. He is a space eater NT type who wont get a lot of stats. His Job is to make the MLB look good and he did that job well.

I won't argue the point on Kmac, but I don't remember any of our MLB's looking good any time recently.

Didnt Jacques Smith and Ben Martin have a pretty average career? i mean they constributed.

Chris Donald is the only 5 star recruit to ever play for Chattanooga.

He had the most impressive high school highlights! If you haven’t seen them. There worth a look. I was so excited when he signed. Looked like he would be the best lb we’ve ever had, and that’s saying something. In the end he couldn’t sniff PT.

Janzen Jackson to me , but it’s hard to say that knowing he balled out his only two years here

Last edited:
Janzen was a bust as a human being. He had skills, and could have been a good player, possibly an NFLer, but he squandered his talent by continuously getting in trouble. Why on God's green earth you go out with a couple of teammates and hold up a guy for his cheeseburger is a mystery for the ages.

If a player gets on the field and actually contributes, I don't think he can be called a bust. A disappointment maybe, but not a bust. A bust is a player expected to be good, even great, but fails so incredibly it's like he was never there. Someone like a Chris Donald or, at least to this point, a Dillon Bates.

Brian Darden
Michael Munoz (even though he was hampered by injuries if I remember correctly)

To even mention Munoz's name and "bust" in the same sentence tells me all I need to know about you sir. You are the type of guy that your 3rd wife left you for your 2nd wife. You once had an imaginary friend, but when you turned 8, he got tired of your stupidity and ran off to Canada.

Reactions: 2 people
My imaginary friend left me for the kid next door. I don't like to talk about it. Too painful.

Reactions: 1 person
Didnt Jacques Smith and Ben Martin have a pretty average career? i mean they constributed.

Yep, both had solid careers. Ben Martin had to overcome not one,but two achilles tendon ruptures. I guess the OP doesn't consider that to be a major injury that excludes from the list by his rules?

AGREE! Is this the I WANNA CLAIM I KNOW SOMETHING THREAD.These arent paid atheletes for you trash! You do not! Represent VOLNATION as whole! Only the A@@whole.

I am not one who concentrates on the negative. I think we have had a long long list of great recruits and look forward to many many more . Looks like we will have a few more in the next three weeks.

The only correct answer is Dontavis Blair. He was supposed to be the answer to our LT woes and he couldn't even beat out a walk on with a bum knee.

Yet, he transferred and made all conference and might have a chance as a UDFA.
Blair is an example of poor offensive line coaching under Previous staff

Oh look

This seems like a nice thread to ignore. ✌🏻

Thanks for telling everyone. You're so next level. You let everyone know you're going to ignore a thread which is hilarious because in doing so you're clearly not ignoring it.

Kmac was a good DT.. period anyone that things he wasn't knows nothing about football. He will get drafted, he will play on sundays. Not sit on the bench cashing checks he will play.

Kmac was not a bust people just set goals of him being something he was not. He is a space eater NT type who wont get a lot of stats. His Job is to make the MLB look good and he did that job well.

Dude we had the worst run defense with him out there... i know it was the entire lines fault to some extent, but he certainly was part of the reason our run d was horrible.

VN Store

Back