Too late.....

I think CLK secretly loves the song so he is playing it pretending to help the team. Probably has it on his phone.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I think CLK secretly loves the song so he is playing it pretending to help the team. Probably has it on his phone.
I honestly think he regrets how it all played out in 09. He really never says anything bad about us. Some folks thought he was throwing shade at us with the first sell out in years stuff earlier this week, but he was very complimentary of our program if one ignores click baity headlines and listen to what he said.

He knows we are the one that got away.

That said, I still hope we drop half a hundred on him and send him back to Mississippi with his tail between his legs.

Seriously though, I’d like to know what this accomplishes. Is it a Pavlovian dog type psychological thing? What literal benefit for preparation does this provide? I think this is another example of Kiffin trying to look like he knows what he is doing, much like a lot of his ridiculous 4rth down attempts.

Habituation. Probably a good idea. It allows a lot of mammal populations to become more comfortable with an unusual situation. And we habituate relatively well to noise.

This is just another typical laMe FAILURE.

They can NEVER reproduce the noise level of what it's going to be inside of Neyland come Saturday night, NEVER!!!

Be Proud and stay LOUD my Loyal Vol friends!

VFL...GBO!!!

The Ole Miss players will lay their heads down to go to sleep Saturday night and Rocky Top will STILL be playing in their heads. They're gonna find themselves humming themselves to sleep. Boom!!!!

Reactions: vollygirl
Seriously though, I’d like to know what this accomplishes. Is it a Pavlovian dog type psychological thing? What literal benefit for preparation does this provide? I think this is another example of Kiffin trying to look like he knows what he is doing, much like a lot of his ridiculous 4rth down attempts.

Pavlov's Dog would be pretty tough to pull off here, as it is geared at triggering a specific response to certain stimuli and takes a significant amount of time for it to work. Rather, it's more of the "More Exposure = Lessened Impact" approach, or a expedited form of preventive Immersive Therapy as some would call it. Specifially, the theory amongst opposing coaches is "to get under the players' skin during the week so it's less likely to annoy them during the game."

It's not, in any way, a "Kiffin trying to look like he knows what his doing" thing. Instead, one could say he's copying the playbook of many many coaches taking a team to Neyland.

You'll note during the Pitt broadcast that they commented on how Pat Narduzzi did the same. The same has been done by numerous coaches in preparation for Neyland for years and years: Steve Spurrier, Dan Mullen, Gene Stallings, etc.

The idea is rooted in well-founded psychological research and methodology. Further, this is not close to the first time it's been used and, in fact has been utilized as early as 1990 by Stallings. However, doesn't mean it accomplishes anything, by any means, as the timeframe for implementation is presumably too short for significant effect.

Go Vols. WGWTFA. And fully expect them to hear Rocky Top in their nightmares after Saturday.

Over the TV last saturday, all I could hear was the SC band with their 4 note la de dah that had nothing to it, over and over. It was THE most boring la de dah I've ever heard. If I was an SC fan I would disown that thingy real quick. Biggest nothing I've ever heard...

Go Big Orange!!

VN Store

Back