Tony Elliot

I realize that. But there is no excuse for it.
Think about all of the highly touted players UT has signed over the years that played poorly once they got here. Misevaluations happen all the time. I think most find that odd with Clemson because they were reloading every year like bama and all of the sudden they are bad.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Think about all of the highly touted players UT has signed over the years that played poorly once they got here. Misevaluations happen all the time. I think most find that odd with Clemson because they were reloading every year like bama and all of the sudden they are bad.

Just look at their success with QBs though. It would be one thing if Clemson had some decent QBs and then got DJ. But that’s not the case. Dabo has had Watson and Lawrence and now DJ. Look at how good DJ looked in limited playing time last year. He looked as good as Lawrence. It’s the main reason why he was considered as an early Heisman front runner. Something is going on with Clemson. They have one of the best rosters in CF and one of the best coaching staffs. That’s why I stand by the no excuse stance.

It wasn’t Whites choice. Whites choice was Elliott. Eliot turned him down. White was very fortunate. If this is anything like Clemson looks right now, life in Knoxville wouldn’t be worth living for Danny White.
Thanks Tony Eliots mother

Reactions: wmcovol
Sorry if this has already been posted. This is my first thread...Just thinking back to the coaching search and how close we were to having Tony Elliot as HC. I was so scared we were going to hire him at the time and in hind sight I had good reason. His offense without a Watson or Lawrence led team is abysmal. I believe we dodged a huge bullet. Even though Heupel wasn’t a guy that got me excited in the beginning, he has grown on me by not just just being a normal likable guy, but an offensive mastermind who can take what he’s given and utilize it to the fullest. The jury is still out on Heupel, but thank God we don’t have Elliot.
FYI…I’m glad we didn’t go for Eliot but the issues with Clemson are not Tony Eliot. They are probably ahead of us in injuries and there offense line was worse than ours. DJ U has gone through a tough time this season as hi parents are divorcing. Not making excuses fir him and he’s probably not either but it has had a huge affect on him along with line issues. Also Clemson WRs don’t block for $h!t nor do they fight for a pass. Premodona 5*s they have this season are a lot like we’ve had in the past.

Just look at their success with QBs though. It would be one thing if Clemson had some decent QBs and then got DJ. But that’s not the case. Dabo has had Watson and Lawrence and now DJ. Look at how good DJ looked in limited playing time last year. He looked as good as Lawrence. It’s the main reason why he was considered as an early Heisman front runner. Something is going on with Clemson. They have one of the best rosters in CF and one of the best coaching staffs. That’s why I stand by the no excuse stance.

OL sucks, and they’re just average at RB& WR other than Ross

The Achilles of the super teams is that so many of their players are lured in by the promise of playing for championships. Once that is off the table, the dream is over and there's not much left to do but look longingly at the transfer portal. It may take more than one bad season to implode Clemson, or maybe this is the end. We can only hope.

An overrated QB? So what happened? Last year in limited action, DJ looked as good or better than TL. He was a preseason Heisman favorite. The #1 QB in his class. Try again.
He's nowhere near as good. I have absolutely nothing against him and like Dabo a lot. But he's played awful. They really should have moved on already. As we know... some guys just can't put it together on gameday when they're "the man".

VN Store

Back