Tony Elliot Reaching Out To Assistant Coaches Should He Become Tennessee HC

Bring him and bring a predominantly black coaching staff.

That is a stupid racist comment. Would you be ok with someone saying hire a white coach and bring in a predominantly white coaching staff? Skin color should never be a factor and I would not support hiring or not hiring anyone for that reason

I agree but it is all about "perception" Social mores have changed, my friend......you either change with them or get left in the dust.......not saying it's right, just saying that is the way it is.

"Those are my principles...and if you don't like them, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I understand what you're trying to say and your good intentions, but it's a bad take
Perhaps it is but it is the best route out of this shizshow we have created for ourselves......pacify the cyborgs at the NCAA for sure and roll the dice on a minority coaching hire..... coaching hires are always a roll of the dice anyway.

Reactions: Steve_Smith89
I don't think UT is in a place where they can say no to what appears to be a very good coach. Whomever the HC is won't have to navigate through the NCAA mess, the AD and his people will. The next HC will of course have to deal with the ramifications of what happens. But if they are good at what they do (coaching, recruiting, developing etc.) then that will take care of itself in due time. JMO.

Thank You!!!

You can slap your fh all you want, and it wont change a thing. I've been on the Norman Vincent Peale Express for the Vols since 2009, and I am just a bit fatigued.

But, hey, you be you, 'kay? :)
It’s shake, but yes aren’t we all?? There are really only two options, get up or don’t and either is fine, but anything in between is more exhausting

If I may, I would suggest you all drop the discussion on race. For one, it's an issue that is just going to bring about discussions know one wants to have in the setting of a sports forum. And for two, it's only going to be picked up by prying eyes and reported on in a light no one one here wants.
Agreed

I disagree with your charge of racism....I would call it realism. Not only could it help mitigate the sanctions, but it also would change the perception of TN some 16-18 year old athletes might have; in addition, we would likely wind up with some really fine coaches and recruiters.

Hiring someone because of their skin color is the definition of racism. That's not opinion. It's fact. Just because it fits with your social justice agenda doesn't change that.

Reactions: wrangler
It could also be a top shelf hire.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Border Vol
This possible hire has Wade Houston written all over it...Big name assistant coach off big name program yet has never been a head coach....This absolutely terrifies me.

Reactions: Border Vol
Lol

Why some of you doing this?
You fell for it. He is trying to get a rouse out of you.......and you give it to him.

Tennessee “might” hire their first black head coach in football.......this is a good thing.

Certainly not to only thing, or the only coach Tennessee could or should be after. However “if” he becomes the HC, and White thought him good enough......then the “first black” aspect only helps........it’s a good thing.

Don’t let some Jack nutz get you all worked up........when obviously that was his plan.

Reactions: Atlvol313

VN Store

Back