Tony Basilio Previews The Tennessee-Florida Matchup

rwemyss

Formerly MODest
I was really hoping to see the penalties reduced against Akron. It was a big problem against Pitt. Unfortunately the type of game Akron was playing (chippy) dictated we weren't going to escape without a high number.

The only real competition we have had, we made more than our fair share of mistakes. Maybe this week they clean them up and play that complete game...

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Basilio is right. We play mistake free we will blow Florida out.
No team ever plays mistake free.

11 lads, a head coach, an OC, and a DC, times 120 plays (including both offense and defense) in an average match, that comes out to 1,680 performances per game.

Even if every person involved is 95% perfect (few of us are), that would still be 84 mistakes per game. Some inconsequential, some game-changing, most in between.

But no team ever plays mistake free. That's just not how football works.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
IMO Pitt would absolutely wax UF. We tried so hard to give that game away, but in the end we prevailed. To me, that is turning a corner. I plan on putting money on UT to cover, and will feel good about it.

BluetickVol01

IMO Pitt would absolutely wax UF. We tried so hard to give that game away, but in the end we prevailed. To me, that is turning a corner. I plan on putting money on UT to cover, and will feel good about it.
With a hobbled backup QB? I doubt it honestly. We didn’t beat the Pitt team of last year, or even the Pitt team of last week.

Jravol78

Now go home and get your shine box
I’m excited but nervous for this game. Can’t Tennessee it away with self inflicted mistakes. I also hope the officials call a fair game. We know how that goes.
Lol…. “Can’t Tennessee it away”….. is that like being Munsoned out in the middle of nowhere ? 😁

Vfl2407

Lol…. “Can’t Tennessee it away”….. is that like being Munsoned out in the middle of nowhere ? 😁
“We just crushed their face with a hobnail boot…now where’s that hot little piece of tail coed intern with my god darn whiskey and coke…what do you mean, I can’t say that?…screw you,”.

andymuffins

No team ever plays mistake free.

11 lads, a head coach, an OC, and a DC, times 120 plays (including both offense and defense) in an average match, that comes out to 1,680 performances per game.

Even if every person involved is 95% perfect (few of us are), that would still be 84 mistakes per game. Some inconsequential, some game-changing, most in between.

But no team ever plays mistake free. That's just not how football works.

Go Vols!
really never looked at it this way. It’s a really good point.

quadlee21

West Tennessee Legend
This mustve been recorded before it had been confirmed that we are wearing orange because he talked about it on his show yesterday.
Yes he goes on the show with George every Tuesday so it was before the announcement. To be fair the whole fan base thought we was wearing the Smokey's before we heard they didn't have all the pieces in house yet.

VN Store