Tommy T to the Dawgs

CanadianVol

Anybody else hearing this? Heard from a very reliable source with the Dawgs that it's a done deal, he's going to be an "Assistant Coach" under Richt, and Bobo and Martinez will be given the option to stay on the staff, just not in the same capacity. TIFWIW but I'd like to hear opinions on what this would do for the Puppies

I guess it could happen, but it sure seems like a pie in the sky scenario. With the size of Tuberville's buyout from Auburn, I'd expect him to sit back and wait for another head coaching job.

Just don't see it when he could be HC of VA next year.... why would he take an assistant's job?

I don't think Richt will fire Martinez/Bobo. I think they will either resign or move down to just position coaches. Rodney Garner will move up as DC as that is what is in his contract. Maybe Richt will start calling plays again?

I'm kind of skeptical on it too, but who knows, Richt needs something to impress the fans, cause they're starting an uproar over Martinez and Bobo

It is in Rodney Garner's contract that if the DC position opens up he is guaranteed that position. I don't see Richt firing the best man in his wedding, so Martinez will have to step down. We will see how everything goes in the offseason.

They need to look at Gruden down at Tampa. Word is he bought property around Athens.

VN Store

Back