Tom Allen Should Be A Top Priority

The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Easier to recruit there. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska.

That said, look at what Tom Allen has done against the Big 10. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much weaker program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

We could probably get him for less than we could if he turns Indiana into a Utah when UM was there. This guy is one of the few obvious guys to me. Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more, I have no idea.

OK, so here is the Non Nega Vol cynical post of the day: Without knowing our fate with the NCAAF w regards to our upcoming penalties, would ANY really strong coach want to coach in Ktown for the next couple of years with two electronic high charged ankle bracelets on??
photo-3-cody_mccormick_04-1170x780-1170x780.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so here is the Non Nega Vol cynical post of the day: Without knowing our fate with the NCAAF w regards to our upcoming penalties, would ANY really strong coach want to coach in Ktown for the next couple of years with two electronic high charged ankle bracelets on??
photo-3-cody_mccormick_04-1170x780-1170x780.jpg
Good question. Doesn’t sound like the AD has his guy. Hugh Freeze might though.

Reactions: bka414 and Volador
It is not easier to recruit to UCF than Nebraska. He also is not an offensive minded HC, he's a defensive minded HC.
I am not so sure. Just because we have a better recruiting class each year does not mean it is easier. We just spend more. Regardless, we can’t own our own state and we have yet to see our recruits perform accordingly since Fulmer. Florida is stacked with talent and usually outperforms and is loaded with under the radar people.

What the hell.... just no.......Barely a winning record overall - losing record in conference. And, big ten is weaker conference than SEC. SMH!

He just went second in the Big 10 East with Indiana. They were one TD away from playing for the whole thing. Duh.

Also, where did Urban Meyer coach before Florida? Utah bro, and was when they were in the WAC.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
I think the chances he comes to UT are less than 10%.
He doesn’t have an obvious tie in with Danny White...
He would be coming to a dumpster fire...
He is at his Alma Mater.
He’s a bit of legend there in the making.
i don’t see it.

Pruitt lost to Ga St. the same year he beat Indiana. Tn hires Butch after Dooley beat him, how did that work out for us? We make that hire and we are staying the laughingstock of the SEC.

Pruitt lost to Ga St. the same year he beat Indiana. Tn hires Butch after Dooley beat him, how did that work out for us? We make that hire and we are staying the laughingstock of the SEC.
Now that’s some interesting logic. Funny how the Kiffin folks can spin things, almost as good as Kiffin himself.

I love Tom allen, but his offensive coordinator is more likely to make the move. Tom is staying put for now, he has had many offers already. Nick Sheridan is an interesting name tho. he has Tennessee ties.

VN Store

Back