To the NegaVols/Trolls

Pitt gets some credit for the bad O play. Hooker rarely had time to setup before he threw. TO's and penalties are correctable.
One thing really concerns me. Hooker has to run from time to time, but he ran way too much for my taste today. 15 rushes is asking for an injury. Combine that with our suspect pass blocking at times, and that's the one thing...a Hooker injury... that could ruin our season. Small and Wright gave us 64 yards on 19 carries COMBINED. That's pathetic. Hooker will have days where his timing is disrupted/off. We need some semblance of balance offensively. Gotta be better running the ball. Know the RB position isn't that important in todays game, but we've got to do better than that.

Reactions: Doberman
It was ugly, but many other ranked teams are having problems tonight. Bama almost lost to unranked Texas, ND lost to Marshall, A&M lost to Appt St, and Auburn is currently losing to San Jose St. We are not the only ranked team that played ugly. We were one of the few to persevere and win, though.

Reactions: TC 83
What Alabama does in any game other than the the 3rd Saturday in October is irrelevant to us. I mentioned last week after Pitt battled WV for a close win that we'd be fortunate to get a win against them and got called out by @CornbreadVol. As it turned out Pitt losing their best QB and WR to the draft didn't really matter because they returned a lot of guys in the trenches. I'm not a negavol but we were fortunate to win tonight. I picked it to be a score of UT 52 and Pitt 27. LOL. We just need to take whatever we're given. A win is a win. There were plenty of ugly and lucky wins in 1998 but guess what, it doesn't matter. But we still can't take anyone on the schedule lightly...

You're delusional.

Go celebrate. A win is a win.

But to act like from schematics standpoint that this offense isn't seriously flawed....i don't know what to tell you.

This was one of the worst games I've seen in years. Pitt played their part in sucking but Heupel ain't it either. Throwing passes out into the boundary like we have Tavin Austin or Percy Harvin out there that can make everyone miss..

Just no creativity offensively in tight situations.

All of you waiting for Heupel to "open up the playbook" Sorry there's nothing else.

We've seen the limits of this offense, until Heupel hires a real offensive Coordinator and let him reshape it some...
You really need to sober up....Your post is ridiculous.

Right now I'm looking at the top dogs in the SEC and I'm not feeling too bad even after the mess we saw today.
They won. It's all that matters. They can look even worse against Florida JUST WIN BABY.

Reactions: Doberman and CR-vol
Bitching isn’t constructive criticism. Obviously we all want them to be better and play to their potential. But every team, especially early in the season, has growing pains. They battled through what any other Vol team in the past 15 years would’ve lost to
Frosty, there are some folks on here who will NEVER be happy unless we lose. Everybody with any sense knows this is a work in progress and frankly it’s ahead of schedule. Most of the sad sacks aren’t worth paying any attention to.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You're delusional.

But to act like from schematics standpoint that this offense isn't seriously flawed....i don't know what to tell you.

This was one of the worst games I've seen in years. Pitt played their part in sucking but Heupel ain't it either. Throwing passes out into the boundary like we have Tavin Austin or Percy Harvin out there that can make everyone miss..

All of you waiting for Heupel to "open up the playbook" Sorry there's nothing else.

We've seen the limits of this offense, until Heupel hires a real offensive Coordinator and let him reshape it some...

I hope you regret this tomorrow. If you don't, I hope you find somewhere else to comment/post.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Read his post again.

He didn’t compare us to Bama.

We played like crap most of the game and still won in overtime against a Top 20 team on the road while Notre Dame and A&M got beat by unranked teams that’s both ranked in the Top 10.

We’re not the only team who has issues.
If Pitt was a legit Top 20 team, they wouldn't have been a 6.5 point underdog at home. They gave their all and I'm happy to get out of there with the victory. Losing Slovis crippled them.

Reactions: mpfvol
Nega volz
Grreedy vols

No playing time
Just whining rhymes

Defense isn't that good
Hendon will go hood

Fans are particular
They've never been in that situation
They voice their input
yet Peyton does't doesn't have that inttention.

Sucked for years, there's been no cheers
Beating ranked team deserves some beers

Minds may be melted and teams discounted
but that's a recipe to be routed.

Reactions: dduncan4163
You're delusional.

iu

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
#19 Wisconsin lost to unranked Wash St today. That's a positive for us. We're a solid top 20 team right now and just need to take care of business.

Nega volz
Grreedy vols

No playing time
Just whining rhymes

Defense isn't that good
Hendon will go hood

Fans are particular
They voice their input

iu

Can we just get one large thread for all of these threads that address "negavols" and such? Not sure why they feel the need to start a thread every single time. There are tons of them.

Pitt gets some credit for the bad O play. Hooker rarely had time to setup before he threw. TO's and penalties are correctable.
Yeah, Pitt does get credit for hurrying Hooker.

So do you think Pitt's DL is anywhere near the best DL we'll face this year? I don't and it's an issue.

Our offense is heavily based on quick reads and passes. If Hooker can't set up against Pitt, will he be able to against FL and KY? Much less GA and AL? or even SC or LSU?

It's an issue.

Nega volz
Grreedy vols

No playing time
Just whining rhymes

Defense isn't that good
Hendon will go hood

Fans are particular
They voice their input

cocaine-cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug.gif

You're delusional.

On the road vs the 17th ranked team……400+ O, 34 points……and now you hate the offense ?

Seriously?

If this D can play well this season this team should be pretty good. Everyone in the world thinks this O is “at least” pretty dang good……except you I guess.

On the road vs the 17th ranked team……400+ O, 34 points……and now you hate the offense ?

Seriously?

If this D can play well this season this team should be pretty good. Everyone in the world thinks this O is “at least” pretty dang good……except you I guess.

To be fair, our offense was a disaster in the second half and constantly put our defense in terrible positions.

It was fun to watch for 3-4 drives but was miserable outside of that.

VN Store

Back