To the NegaVols/Trolls

Yeah, Pitt does get credit for hurrying Hooker.

So do you think Pitt's DL is anywhere near the best DL we'll face this year? I don't and it's an issue.

Our offense is heavily based on quick reads and passes. If Hooker can't set up against Pitt, will he be able to against FL and KY? Much less GA and AL? or even SC or LSU?

It's an issue.
I do think the OLine struggled today but Pitt does have a good defense and was using some unusual blitz packages. And many pundits have said that Pitt has one of the best D lines in true country.

Damn right. In the past I have at times been called a Negavol but I don’t know what anyone would have to complain about today. Every break went against us and yet we still (to an extent) dominated the game. We lead from early in the second quarter until the very end of the game and then lead almost all of overtime. Against a ranked team on the road. I think a lot of our fans don’t give Pitt any credit for being ranked just outside the top 15. I know they lost their starting qb for the second half but they are a pretty deep team and pretty damn good defense.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
To be fair, our offense was a disaster in the second half and constantly put our defense in terrible positions.

It was fun to watch for 3-4 drives but was miserable outside of that.

Muffed punt return
Blocked punt
Fumble

None really “because” of the head coach. Nonetheless Tennessee doesn’t have a “bad” O, nor do they have bad play calling. They do very well at getting themselves into good matchups, they do well at scoring. One half doesn’t make the coach bad”……not even being fair.

Muffed punt return
Blocked punt
Fumble

None really “because” of the head coach. Nonetheless Tennessee doesn’t have a “bad” O, nor do they have bad play calling. They do very well at getting themselves into good matchups, they do well at scoring. One half doesn’t make the coach bad”……not even being fair.

I didn't say it was the coach or any of the stuff you assumed but our offense was NOT fun to watch today other than 3-4 drives. That is a statement. I felt like we were on defense the entire second half. Too many fumbles, overthrows, and dropped passes.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

Them in the game day threads looking for the negavols or anyone that has the slightest criticism so they can formulate another thread later about what they witnessed.

Frankly, I’ll go a step further than cringe, and call it feminine.

Reactions: LucidZ
I do think the OLine struggled today but Pitt does have a good defense and was using some unusual blitz packages. And many pundits have said that Pitt has one of the best D lines in true country.
And all the SEC teams will be viewing the film and noting the blitz patterns and stunts Pitt was using AND many have a more talented DL and more talented coaching than Pitt.

I agree UT can learn and improve from looking at this game but our opponents are going to watch the same film and see vulnerabilities.

If our issues were "halftime adjustment" issues, I'd say no problem but we scored 3 points in the second half.

There are issues with our OL. Hooker needs more time. If he doesn't get it, we're going to struggle with our SEC opponents.

And all the SEC teams will be viewing the film and noting the blitz patterns and stunts Pitt was using AND many have a more talented DL and more talented coaching than Pitt.

I agree UT can learn and improve from looking at this game but our opponents are going to watch the same film and see vulnerabilities.

If our issues were "halftime adjustment" issues, I'd say no problem but we scored 3 points in the second half.

There are issues with our OL. Hooker needs more time. If he doesn't get it, we're going to struggle with our SEC opponents.
I think Georgia and Bama have more talented defensive lines but that’s about it. I suspect we’ll make some blocking adjustments after looking at the film. You folks aren’t giving Pitt’s defense enough credit. A number of folks have said it’s one of the best front sevens in college football.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
I thought the offense would come out on all cylinders after last season. It looks like the offense will take a while longer to get in sync while the defense make big strides from game 1 to game 2. The offense did not start clicking until game 4 or 5 last season so I know they will get there. If they do backed by this defense look out.

I thought the offense would come out on all cylinders after last season. It looks like the offense will take a while longer to get in sync while the defense make big strides from game 1 to game 2. The offense did not start clicking until game 4 or 5 last season so I know they will get there. If they do backed by this defense look out.

The passing game will figure things out, I’m pretty sure. But, I am apprehensive about our running game and the oline exerting it’s will and opening holes.

The run game was mostly a liability today, but I do think Pitt has a pretty good front.

I didn't say it was the coach or any of the stuff you assumed but our offense was NOT fun to watch today other than 3-4 drives. That is a statement. I felt like we were on defense the entire second half. Too many fumbles, overthrows, and dropped passes.

Go re-read my original post and the one I was commenting on.

Confusing constructive criticism, with bitching, is a you problem. Tone the emotions down and maybe you can recognize the difference. Many of you lump it all into the same basket. And there are plenty of you doing it so you’re not alone.

We’re all on the same team, believe it, or not.
With all due respect we all know and Im sure the coaches also know... Our performance wasn't spectacular by any means... You know what they also know ? Sometimes you win ugly... That my good sir is football. A win is a win. Style points dont really matter in the end because all you can do at any hiven moment is win the game you are playing. Yes I would love to see them clean several things up. Our kids just went on the road and won against a ranked team. They will work on defects tomorrow

What Alabama does in any game other than the the 3rd Saturday in October is irrelevant to us. I mentioned last week after Pitt battled WV for a close win that we'd be fortunate to get a win against them and got called out by @CornbreadVol. As it turned out Pitt losing their best QB and WR to the draft didn't really matter because they returned a lot of guys in the trenches. I'm not a negavol but we were fortunate to win tonight. I picked it to be a score of UT 52 and Pitt 27. LOL. We just need to take whatever we're given. A win is a win. There were plenty of ugly and lucky wins in 1998 but guess what, it doesn't matter. But we still can't take anyone on the schedule lightly...
Lmao bro this is the 2nd time you’ve mentioned me, get off my jock. I’m glad we freaking won man, what a game!!!! Go Vols, lighten up buddy

Lmao bro this is the 2nd time you’ve mentioned me, get off my jock. I’m glad we freaking won man, what a game!!!! Go Vols, lighten up buddy

Ok fair enough. Lol... I'm glad too. I had it all wrong anyways. I thought we would blow the doors off of them late but didn't happen. A win is a win...

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Someone being negative has zero effect on the way the football team plays. Some of you need to go touch grass or spend time with your families.

Oh boy, here come the nega-nevers. You do realize it's possible to be all Vol, happy with a win of any kind, and still recognize a team full of problems that will get them beat more often than not. The win was great, the performance was not.

VN Store

Back