To anyone who thinks or believes that UT has a chance of making the tourney....

During the 2002-03 season, Alabama went to the NCAA tournament with a 17-11 (7-9) record. Their selection was based upon RPI ranking and difficulty of schedule.

Based upon Tennessee's current schedule strength of #2 and RPI ranking of #26, I think they are in. However, a complete collapse of losing all of the final 3 games plus SEC tourney game would surely knock them out. I don't think they'll lose all 4 games.

Very well......I hope they get in! Anyway, this post I made was nearly 3 weeks ago. I still think that UT needs a minimum of one road win and Bama win OR one SECT win and Bama win to get me to sleep better before selection sunday. Either way I could see them as a 9 seed at worst.

I think they will make the NCAA Tourney. But how far will they go? I don't know. They will need to peak right now ....

Listen I know there are a confident few of you out there who love UT basketball so much (and with good reason) that you would still believe that this team has a shot, albeit a very long one, I want you to think again before you kid yourself anymore!!!!!

Seriously, there is no way the panel would invite this team to the tourney? The league is way down this year, and wins against Georgetown and Siena doesn't look as impressive as they did 11 games ago. Tennessee needed that win against Gonzaga at home...couldn't get: They needed that win on the road against Auburn...couldn't get it: They needed that win at home against LSU....couldn't get it. If we win those three, the pressure isn't as intense as it is now. The kids are too young to handle pressure. If they win those three, confidence is high, they have a strong record...17-5....and they could afford to drop games on the road. Now, they really, really, really need to beat Florida...ON THE ROAD; they need to beat USC....ON THE ROAD; they need to beat Kentucky....ON THE ROAD; WORST OF ALL THESE TEAMS ARE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH TO KICK OUR TEETH IN!!!!

Need I say more?

We are IN...BOOK IT:)

UT has punched their ticket. This thread needs to go by the wayside.

Agreed. After the Kentucky game I was ready to look forward to next year since it looked like this team had given up, but things are now looking much better. The RPI and SOS figures are way too good to keep UT out now. People can say what they will about the SEC, but our strength of schedule is VERY good.

We have probably seen last of limadog. It was a stupid thread when he started it as it is now
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Stupid thread huh? Well, I'll be the first to admit that this team is now NCAA bound. I think alot of people (YOU INCLUDED) thought I was bashing this team but I wasn't.

SCREW EVERYONE THAT HAS A OPINION HUH? SCREW EVERYONE THAT COMES ON HERE NOW AND BASHES MY OPINION, ONLY AFTER THE FACT. THE POINT WAS MADE NEARLY A MONTH AGO.

WHERE WAS YOU AT A MONTH AGO? YOU WAS PROBABLY ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE FENCE I WAS ON!
SO F YOU BUD.

It's not how you start, It's how you finish. Now hey, I'm all for a strong finish, but until they can prove otherwise then I will continue to argue my point!

They've proven me otherwise. But they still have some work left to do (not to get into the NCAA) but I want to see them go to SC and beat Carolina, finish strong with a win against Bama at home. GO VOLS!

Stupid thread huh? Well, I'll be the first to admit that this team is now NCAA bound. I think alot of people (YOU INCLUDED) thought I was bashing this team but I wasn't.

SCREW EVERYONE THAT HAS A OPINION HUH? SCREW EVERYONE THAT COMES ON HERE NOW AND BASHES MY OPINION, ONLY AFTER THE FACT. THE POINT WAS MADE NEARLY A MONTH AGO.

WHERE WAS YOU AT A MONTH AGO? YOU WAS PROBABLY ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE FENCE I WAS ON!
SO F YOU BUD.

I will admit 4 weeks ago, I had some reservations about a NCAA bid. That is over. A realistic expectation...get past the first round game.

I will admit 4 weeks ago, I had some reservations about a NCAA bid. That is over. A realistic expectation...get past the first round game.

Tennessee proved their worth today! They withstood a rally by Florida in Gainesville... this victory showed me they have grown up quite a bit since the loss at Auburn. Honestly, I couldn't see a Jerry Green team withstand a run like Florida put on us today.

Let's not get to excited though guys, we still have alot of work to do!

While I think we're in....I wouldn't put a lot of stock in today in terms of it proving that we've "turned the corner" or that we're peaking. Pearl owns Donovan, and we already kicked their butts earlier in the year and thought then we had turned the corner only to regress right back after that game.

I'd wait to see how we do in Columbia Thursday. We win there and play the same way, then I would say that gives more indication of where we are.

Too easy but...

Listen I know there are a confident few of you out there who love UT basketball so much (and with good reason) that you would still believe that this team has a shot, albeit a very long one, I want you to think again before you kid yourself anymore!!!!!

Seriously, there is no way the panel would invite this team to the tourney? The league is way down this year, and wins against Georgetown and Siena doesn't look as impressive as they did 11 games ago. Tennessee needed that win against Gonzaga at home...couldn't get: They needed that win on the road against Auburn...couldn't get it: They needed that win at home against LSU....couldn't get it. If we win those three, the pressure isn't as intense as it is now. The kids are too young to handle pressure. If they win those three, confidence is high, they have a strong record...17-5....and they could afford to drop games on the road. Now, they really, really, really need to beat Florida...ON THE ROAD; they need to beat USC....ON THE ROAD; they need to beat Kentucky....ON THE ROAD; WORST OF ALL THESE TEAMS ARE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH TO KICK OUR TEETH IN!!!!

Need I say more?

Boom, Roasted.

VN Store

Back