To’o To’o, Crouch, Gray and Johnson enter the transfer portal

Took over a team that'd gone 0-9 in conference the year before and went 3-6 (better winning % than UT) w/players he didn't recruit for his system, classes ranked 61st, 65th, 56th, and 42nd, and a newly assembled coaching staff. And did it in a Covid year w/reduced practice time.

And you think you're being clever by pointing it out. Congrats, you're the poster child for the idiots in our fan base. You got to collect your prize this week.
Wasn’t a good fit then and never would be. Not worth the discussion. Next subject.

The Schiano love is getting old. Go look at how he did this year and tell me he would have been the best option for us. Go look at his overall record at Rutgers, not just the two years he was in the spotlight. Go read up on how his players in the NFL responded to his coaching. If Greg Schiano were here, we’d be right back in this mess minus the sanctions. The only reason he is a peg above Pruitt is because he’s not a shady McDonalds lover. And if he were so great, why did no other Power 5 program go after him?

Oh and one more thing, the fanbase didn’t go with Pruitt, Puppet master Phil did.
The players in Tampa hated his guts. He’s a mediocre coach and we don’t need any more of those.

If you really think there's something here, than that's a 100% valid reason, but do your homework first.

The entirety of that was an Asst. Coach who had never worked w/Schiano several years later saying he had heard it from someone else, who said they saw something, so third-person heresay. The Coach who he said he heard it from denied it, as did the Schiano himself, was investigated by PSU, the PA Atty General's office, and OSU and every one of them said nothing there. It's like the Kavanaugh accusation but w/even less proof.

The Schiano outrage was NEVER about PSU. It was an idiot fan base that thought they'd get Jon Gruden (who would've been a crap choice incidentally) and was upset that they were getting some Yankee coordinator from the Big10, so they trashed his character and damaged his career. And every other Coach with options saw that and wanted to no part, so we ended up with a guy that would never of even gotten an interview at the start of the process.

I hate it. I F'n HATE it, but the Tennessee fan base is now reaping exactly what we sewed.
You can always get you a Rutgers t shirt.

In Michael Silver’s October 24, 2013 article entitled “Greg Schiano loses Tampa Bay Buccaneers with autocratic style” one player is quoted as saying they felt like they were in Cuba. Other players stated that the environment was bleak and that Schiano was tone deaf.

If Schiano is such a great coach why is it that Rutgers is the only university that sought his services?

Digging into the numbers for Rutgers 2020 season you find that the teams they beat combined for 6 wins. Michigan who beat them only beat 1 other team also. 18 of the vaunted 27 points against Ohio State came in the 4th quarter after being down 42-9 at the end of the 3rd. He lost to 2 win Illinois by 3. The only other ranked team he played was Indiana and he lost by 16.
But, but, but his resume was “excellent”. LMFAO

I may get shot out of the saddle for this, but I think HT is a bit of a tweener. He’s got a huge motor and plays his guts out, but he’s a bit small for a LB and a bit slow for a strong safety. He’s sort of a modern day Bill Bates.

Before anybody reminds me that Bates played in the NFL forever, I’ll add that I hope Henry T does as well.

I may get shot out of the saddle for this, but I think HT is a bit of a tweener. He’s got a huge motor and plays his guts out, but he’s a bit small for a LB and a bit slow for a strong safety. He’s sort of a modern day Bill Bates.

Before anybody reminds me that Bates played in the NFL forever, I’ll add that I hope Henry T does as well.

He wasn't too small as a freshman. Speed wise he is great for LB. He, Crouch and Banks were getting beat so badly because lack of communication.

I'm curious to see what A Willis can do for our defense.

VN Store

Back