To’o To’o, Crouch, Gray and Johnson enter the transfer portal

I don’t understand all the complaining. Firing the coach and AD is what most on Vol Nation wanted. What did anyone expect would happen?
I have said many times the transfer portal and future onetime free transfer would be the demise of a team that has these issues. Guess who is going to be the first to pay the piper.
Until I see proof of the NCAA violations I am a little skeptical that this isn’t a way for Tennessee to avoid the buy out. But I love a good conspiracy.

Reactions: JohnD13 and OHvol40
Well, based on how I feel right now there are 2 explanations.
1. I’m emotionally numb and officially to the point where I feel nothing anymore due to the entirety of 2020 (in general)
OR
2. These are players that got us to a 3-7 (worst team in UT history.) So, losing even the best of them, makes me just shrug my shoulders.

This. In every way.

I don't get To'o To'o's decision. He was going into the portal while Pruitt was still the coach, until the coaches went to California and met with him.now that Pruitt is gone, he's back in the portal.

The Tennessee fan based did this to itself.

We could of had a coach who had
  • previous successful Head Coach experience
  • had built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • had been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches as a DC
  • earned respect among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • regularly beaten more talented teams
  • been named a recruiter of the year
  • had a history of maximizing talent and getting kids to the next level
  • NFL experience as an Asst and Head Coach

But our idiot fan base instead went with a guy who had
  • no head coaching experience at any level
  • inherited a loaded squad at every stop
  • never coached w/a talent deficit
  • only 5 years experience as a college DC
  • had been a high school assistant coach just 12 years earlier
  • didn't know what asparagus was
The Schiano love is getting old. Go look at how he did this year and tell me he would have been the best option for us. Go look at his overall record at Rutgers, not just the two years he was in the spotlight. Go read up on how his players in the NFL responded to his coaching. If Greg Schiano were here, we’d be right back in this mess minus the sanctions. The only reason he is a peg above Pruitt is because he’s not a shady McDonalds lover. And if he were so great, why did no other Power 5 program go after him?

Oh and one more thing, the fanbase didn’t go with Pruitt, Puppet master Phil did.

I sort of thought at the time that Tennessee had to have paid Henry T for him to pick Tennessee over Alabama.

75119.jpg

giphy (47).gif

The Tennessee fan based did this to itself.

We could of had a coach who had
  • previous successful Head Coach experience
  • had built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • had been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches as a DC
  • earned respect among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • regularly beaten more talented teams
  • been named a recruiter of the year
  • had a history of maximizing talent and getting kids to the next level
  • NFL experience as an Asst and Head Coach

Oh and whose name was mentioned in Grand Jury Testimony that he had witnessed Sandusky molesting young boys and said or did nothing. No thank you.

Reactions: Border Vol
Schiano has a career record of 71-73. He was not going to be our savior. He was better than Pruitt but not by much. So spare me this Monday morning quarterback moaning.
Schiano very likely knew about and helped cover up the greatest scandal in sports history. Pruitt may be horrible and horrible at cheating, but at least he’s not tied to a child molestation cover up. Even with 2020 hindsight, I would not change our hire if the only other option was Greg Schiano. And I dislike Pruitt probably more than anyone.

Do not begin to blame the players who today and in the last few.days entered their names into the transfer portal.For this university to find a way to save some.money,they find a rat.on the inside to come up.With this information to rid themselves of.coach Pruitt.None of them not any of you thought that some top players would leave when they got rid of Pruitt.Well,how.do you enjoy the results.so far.If they end up actually leaving?Those.who say" they get a free education and room and board,what else do they want? "Old ass.platitude.And you want them to wait until the university,in all their majesty,finds an AD,then they look.for a coach?Time is what these guys lost last year with the covid19,they cannot waste another year waiting for this administration to choose.As Randy Quaid said in "Days Of.Thunder,This is just like a monkey trying to f..I a football".GBO.

So Randy Quaid as a fictional car salesman should be our touchstone here?

Follow the money my dudes. Not hanging around known is the only way some of these players have a chance at being eligible in 21...

If by "idiot fan base" you mean "Phillip Fulmer" then I right there with ya.

VN Store

Back