'22 TN WR Xavier Gaillardetz

I think this guy is worth an offer. At least try him as a slot. He looks like he would be really good Velus-type quicker-than-fast type. And as a Baylor grad I'm predisposed to hate McCallie, but this guy is a baller.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I think this guy is worth an offer. At least try him as a slot. He looks like he would be really good Velus-type quicker-than-fast type. And as a Baylor grad I'm predisposed to hate McCallie, but this guy is a baller.
I have noticed that, once they graduate, the rivalry between Baylor & McCallie becomes its own bond, and lifelong friendships frequently develop between them. Certainly, there is a special respect that goes both ways.

Reactions: Volanooga2521
One thing that may influence us not extending an offer is that we have a couple guys of his stature already on the roster. We are lacking the taller, big bodied receivers behind Tillman.

4.5 forty and 11.9 100m? Those times don't seem to match up to me...
Most 11.9 kids I've seen run track are closer to 4.7. Not always. There is actually a lot of technical factors involved that make the comparison very loose. A wr that runs 11.9 cannot run. With a Sprint coach that knows what to do, they can cut a lot of time off that, but sounds like he doesn't have a lot of juice. I will see him at track sometime and see how fast he really is.

Looks like Vandy lost their chance to a school out of Maryland, coming down Friday. I'm up for trading BBQ for crab cakes!
Love me some crab cakes. Nothing better if the cook knows what they're doing, nothing more disappointing if made by an idiot like me.

That's the point of my posting. I'm not advocating for Tennessee to get Gaillardetz--I'm advocating for the player, to get his abilities in front of people who do know and talk recruiting.

When parents are willing to send their son 1300 miles away to another country, knowing that their own country's COVID restrictions could potentially keep him from being able to come home until he graduates, just so he can have the opportunity to earn a scholarship to a better education from a US college--and he has only one season to show his wares...

Yeah. I don't mind getting outside of my comfort zone to help push that bandwagon.

After watching him again last night, I’m shocked that this kid has no profile out there. Somebody has got to offer him something. Unless his numbers are off and he’s slower than he looks, this is one of the better WRs in the state.

After watching him again last night, I’m shocked that this kid has no profile out there. Somebody has got to offer him something. Unless his numbers are off and he’s slower than he looks, this is one of the better WRs in the state.

I wonder if he needs to record and post fresh times in the 40. Usually there's a dropoff from sprinter speed to football speed, but Xav just does not play at a 4.5 speed!

But even if he does, he has the upper & lower body strength to create effective rubs, position himself against defenders, and the vacuum hands to be a possession receiver in any man's offense.

From The Chattanoogan's coverage of last night's game:

Wide receiver Xavier Gaillardetz caught five balls for 117 yards [in the first half], including a quick hitter across the middle which he took 46 yards for McCallie’s first score.​
Gaillardetz may have been the most talented player on the field, just as he has been much of the year. The native Canadian missed all last year when his high school season in Virginia was cancelled due to Covid before transferring in. He led the city in receiving, but still has not found his way on anyone’s recruiting radar, in part because of his lost season.​
“Those things are out of my control. I just play and enjoy the game. Everything will work out in the end,” he smiled as he headed off.​

Fourth Down Play Key To McCallie’s Third Straight Title
Third Time Oh, So Charmed! McCallie Three-Peats As DII-AAA Champ

And one more thing--this kid will be such a healthy addition to any team's culture, and in anyone's locker room.

Last edited:
Would love for this guy to walk on if he doesn't get any offers. If he is good but just unnoticed, it won't take him long to earn a scholarship

I have noticed that, once they graduate, the rivalry between Baylor & McCallie becomes its own bond, and lifelong friendships frequently develop between them. Certainly, there is a special respect that goes both ways.
You are correct. While in school, we wanted nothing more than to beat the red team in every competition whether it was sports, academics, or anything else. As you mature, you realize the two schools are quite similar and you can form friendships over the healthy rivalry. Don’t misunderstand, I still enjoy a McCallie win over Baylor and will text my Baylor friends about it or make them buy the next round each time. Baylor grads have been buying the next round for several years now (six years in a row for football).

VN Store

Back