'22 TN WR Xavier Gaillardetz

BruisedOrange

Well... known member
[My first time posting in the recruiting section. Feel free to do this kid justice with a better thread presentation]

Xavier Gaillardetz on Hudl

Xavier Gaillardetz
Football Canada - Junior National Team
Ottawa, ON
Now in Chattanooga at McCallie School.

Xav has been dominant against the first two opponents (incl. GA 5A powerhouse Calhoun). His teammates love him, and rave that "he just knows football." Will be facing MBA in Nashville 9/3 if you live in that area.

No stars yet, but his rise should be fun to watch.
  • Jersey #: 2
  • Positions: WR, SB
  • Height & Weight: 6'1" 195lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.5
  • Bench: 265
  • 185lb Bench Press (Reps): 12
  • 100 Meter Dash: 11.9
  • Squat (lbs): 315
  • Clean (lbs): 235

[My first time posting in the recruiting section. Feel free to do this kid justice with a better thread presentation]

Xavier Gaillardetz on Hudl

Xavier Gaillardetz
Football Canada - Junior National Team
Ottawa, ON
Now in Chattanooga at McCallie School.

Xav has been dominant against the first two opponents (incl. GA 5A powerhouse Calhoun). His teammates love him, and rave that "he just knows football." Will be facing MBA in Nashville 9/3 if you live in that area.

No stars yet, but his rise should be fun to watch.
  • Jersey #: 2
  • Positions: WR, SB
  • Height & Weight: 6'1" 195lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.5
  • Bench: 265
  • 185lb Bench Press (Reps): 12
  • 100 Meter Dash: 11.9
  • Squat (lbs): 315
  • Clean (lbs): 235
Why is everyone going from Canada to McCallie lol. Kenzy Paul is there too

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Great measurables.
What are his stats through the first 2 games?

I quick grabbed these quotes from the Chattanoogan's write up:
"Senior wide receiver Xavier Gaillardetz had seven receptions for 129 yards and two scores" against Chattanooga Christian School.
"Xavier Gaillardetz led all receivers with four catches for 81 yards and two Blue Tornado TDs" ... "Gaillardetz also added a 47 yard return of a punt for a touchdown" against Calhoun (GA).

I'm most impressed with his route running. Crisp. Stops on a dime. Doesn't depend on his speed to get open.

Cool. His family must have realized he has a good shot at a full ride in college and can afford to send him there.

It's become very common for families to spend the college money on McCallie, so that their boy can earn a scholarship (academic, athletic, musical, etc.) beyond what the family would have been able to afford. And a good many McCallie students are able to be there because of financial aid.

I'm thinking of a skinny kid from Atlanta who is now playing football at Yale, having learned how to manage that academic load at McCallie. Setting the bar low elevates no one. (...pointing the finger at some public schools!)

Whether you're a coach, a teacher, or a supporter, there's no better investment than investing in a life.

Against their toughest rival (losing 14 of the past 16 meetings and having never beaten Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville during that time) McCallie came back from an 11-point deficit in the final 10 minutes to win 34-31 at MBA.

After a key stop, to start the rally, Gaillardetz ran an out-and-up, caught the pass in the seam, broke it inside and ran for a 65-yard TD. For the game, he had seven catches for 163 yards. At least two of those were quick screens which MBA covered well, for negative yardage.

Is this the kid that De1 dogged Vol fans for being impressed with?

Don't know about that. I also don't claim to know how Xavier projects as a Power Five player.

I just know this will be his only year of high school ball in the US, and I wanted to point a spotlight on him for more knowledgeable fans to see and assess. It would be a shame for him to have to spend a year in JUCO just to build a recruiting resume, if only for the year relatively-wasted academically.

I read Vandy's coach Clark Lea helicoptered in to see the game, having already gotten a commitment from McCallie's Kenzy Paul (2nd season out of Canada). MBA's quarterback Marcel Reed is reportedly being recruited by Vandy and Tennessee. I saw one report had Vandy's running back coach and an unidentified coach from Tennessee sighted at the game.

Don't know about that. I also don't claim to know how Xavier projects as a Power Five player.

I just know this will be his only year of high school ball in the US, and I wanted to point a spotlight on him for more knowledgeable fans to see and assess. It would be a shame for him to have to spend a year in JUCO just to build a recruiting resume, if only for the year relatively-wasted academically.

I read Vandy's coach Clark Lea helicoptered in to see the game, having already gotten a commitment from McCallie's Kenzy Paul (2nd season out of Canada). MBA's quarterback Marcel Reed is reportedly being recruited by Vandy and Tennessee. I saw one report had Vandy's running back coach and an unidentified coach from Tennessee sighted at the game.
His film looks good. Reminds me of Chris Olave with how easily he gets open and creates separation.

McCallie is still looking for a game for this Friday. First, their California opponent cancelled. Then the Miami team they'd arranged with cancelled.

You got a team that can play this week?

McCallie is still looking for a game for this Friday. First, their California opponent cancelled. Then the Miami team they'd arranged with cancelled.

You got a team that can play this week?
I heard Vandy was looking to find one. But they might be looking for a guaranteed win.

Looks like Vandy lost their chance to a school out of Maryland, coming down Friday. I'm up for trading BBQ for crab cakes!

No crab cakes. :(
So McCallie has an unwelcome bye this week, before Knox Catholic in Chattanooga next week.

It's been an eye-opener for me, too. I think the California team also came here to play last year, so it wasn't a home-and-away agreement.

Lacrosse teams certainly travel a lot, but that puts players in front of the eyes of some elite academic schools.

Maybe I'm just jealous. Furthest I ever traveled for a game was to an adjoining county, and our senior class trip was by train to Washington, DC where our hotel room flashed red and gold all night from the neon signs of a strip club across the street.

Wonder how many congressmen I was just yards away from?

I mean, besides Wilbur Mills...

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back