'21 TN WR Walker Merrill (Tennessee signee)

Why can't any of you all call a spade a spade when it comes to Heupel? Or any HC for the Vols while they're the coach?

He has to do a better job of rotating!
Many people can see this OBVIOUS problem.
Calloway
Merrill
Holiday were all dudes that have proved they can make plays with the ball in their hands.
But Heupel almost never let them on the field all for the sake of "getting the defense tired".

Just throwing the ball to 3 dudes and never anyone else is extremely discouraging if you're a player that has been practicing his butt off and doing all the right things. Yet still on game day you ride the pine.
What college you coach at anyways?

If we are going to lose offensive players, this is a guy that will do well elsewhere and not cost us production. This offensive system is established and we aren’t going to lack receivers. If you aren’t elite you probably won’t see the field going forward

Unfortunate but not surprised. I think we will rotate more receivers when Heupel has confidence in the bench. Good luck to the young man.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Why can't any of you all call a spade a spade when it comes to Heupel? Or any HC for the Vols while they're the coach?

Calloway
Merrill
Holiday were all dudes that have proved they can make plays with the ball in their hands.
But Heupel almost never let them on the field all for the sake of "getting the defense tired".

Just throwing the ball to 3 dudes and never anyone else is extremely discouraging if you're a player that has been practicing his butt off and doing all the right things. Yet still on game day you ride the pine.

I’ll take the #1 offense in the country and most points scored in Tennessee Football history in one season over placating 3rd and 4th string receivers. Sorry, not sorry.

Calloway

Merrill

Winning has been pretty cool, so far, though.

1 Heupels mismanagement of the offense led to the Number 1 crew in the country.

2 Holliday committed 2 critical ST penalties and Callaway had a huge drop and an embarrassing ejection.

3 With your amazing knowledge of the situation…..which of our receivers should we have taken away from to give targets to Hollliday and Callaway??

4 You’re rapidly becoming the worst poster on this site.
It's not even a close race either.

Calloway
Merrill

11-2

Calloway
Merrill

I’ll NEVER criticize the coach of the #1 offense in the country

Calloway
Merrill

Show me something! Obviously you get reps in practice show mw something to get you in the rotation.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Told everyone months ago that him and both Jimmies would leave and everyone said I didn’t know what I was talking about. We have to start rotating WRs more. We don’t need to play 7-8 a game like Oregon used to under Chip Kelly, but 5-6 a game would really help keep guys fresh and help prepare them better if someone goes down. We’ve been lucky so far to where we didn’t lose multiple WRs at the same time. If it happens next year we’re in trouble though. Even if we get the guy from Oregon

Calloway
Merrill

It’s not just about getting the defense tired at all anyways. Has a lot more to do with mismatches and catching the defense off guard. That had a lot to do with why our guys had so much space and separation

Told everyone months ago that him and both Jimmies would leave and everyone said I didn’t know what I was talking about. We have to start rotating WRs more. We don’t need to play 7-8 a game like Oregon used to under Chip Kelly, but 5-6 a game would really help keep guys fresh and help prepare them better if someone goes down. We’ve been lucky so far to where we didn’t lose multiple WRs at the same time. If it happens next year we’re in trouble though. Even if we get the guy from Oregon
Dude… did you all even watch us this season? Nothing about the offensive scheme needs to change at all lol. We won’t miss the guys leaving. We have plenty of skill guys on offense

Calloway
Merrill

11-2. Most points in a season in school history. I think he's doing something right.

This offense will continue to get better receivers than we have on the roster every year and there will be casualties like this guy every year. It is a given offensively to occur especially at that position

11-2

Calloway
Merrill

If only he would listen to your sage advice then maybe we could do better than being the #1 offense in the country. We can only hope CJH finds his way to this thread and takes your advice to heart.

VN Store

Back