'21 TN WR Walker Merrill (Tennessee signee)

Agree to disagree
Looking at 2019 college receivers: Devonta Smith had better stats than Jeudy last year. CeeDee Lamb is projected to be drafted before Jeudy in a lot of mock drafts. Chase was insane but Burrow was healthy all year and Tua wasn't

When looking at all time great college wide receivers people like Randy Moss and Larry Fitz have to be on the top of the list for me. Also just looking at college production Michael Crabtree and Justin Blackmon are pretty high up there for best college receivers.

Jeudy is fantastic but I don't even know if he's been Bamas best receiver under Saban so I can't get on board with him being the GOAT CFB receiver.

Reactions: Remy and bpalmer28
Looking at 2019 college receivers: Devonta Smith had better stats than Jeudy last year. CeeDee Lamb is projected to be drafted before Jeudy in a lot of mock drafts. Chase was insane but Burrow was healthy all year and Tua wasn't

When looking at all time great college wide receivers people like Randy Moss and Larry Fitz have to be on the top of the list for me. Also just looking at college production Michael Crabtree and Justin Blackmon are pretty high up there for best college receivers.

Jeudy is fantastic but I don't even know if he's been Bamas best receiver under Saban so I can't get on board with him being the GOAT CFB receiver.

Crabtree was a damn animal in college. Unstoppable.

Last year yes but best ever? I have to say there have been better receivers in college and just think what they could have been with the best team that money/cars can buy.
I've just never seen anyone move like him and get open as effortlessly as he does then run away from everyone as quickly as he does. Others had better stats, but if I could take one guy right now it'd be Jeudy. Others like Mike Williams, Crabtree, Moss and AJ Green have been dominant but if I get one guy I'm taking Jeudy.

Reactions: PYSCHO
I've just never seen anyone move like him and get open as effortlessly as he does then run away from everyone as quickly as he does. Others had better stats, but if I could take one guy right now it'd be Jeudy. Others like Mike Williams, Crabtree, Moss and AJ Green have been dominant but if I get one guy I'm taking Jeudy.
I would put none above Tim McGee in 1985

None bigger than this one..... really great catch and run too.

Man...I remember that one from the stands. I was in complete despair. All hope was lost. With my head in my hands, I watched that happen. I could only raise my head and smirk, thinking "like that is going to help...".

Had no idea what was in store. Best game I've ever attended.

Randy Moss
Calvin Johnson
Corey Davis
Desmond Howard
Tim Brown
Larry Fitzgerald

Off the top of my head. Wait till I spark this joint, I’ll add 45 more above Jeudy
Amari Cooper. Hate to add a bammer, but I swear he was singlehandedly up 21-0 against us one year. He was a 1 man wrecking ball.

Man...I remember that one from the stands. I was in complete despair. All hope was lost. With my head in my hands, I watched that happen. I could only raise my head and smirk, thinking "like that is going to help...".

Had no idea what was in store. Best game I've ever attended.
Yeah, that game during the second half, I thought surely now Dobbs has found his passing touch. Well he did for that game, the rest of the season not so much.

Peerless Price was the greatest big game WR in SEC history and had a damn fine pro career, couple of 1000 yard seasons and Pro Bowls, at Buffalo

Edit: since '96 or the SEC Championship Game era

Tennessee is WRU, please go blow all these Bama WRs, anywhere else. Julio Jones always seems to choke in the playoffs for the Falcons, anyway. Somebody check Peerless' stats in SEC Championship games and bowl games (especially the National Title game) and then tell me, there has ever been a better big game WR in SEC history. Check them Florida stats and every other big game in '98. He also came up big in his underclassmen bowl games. Maybe not best ever, but it when it counted the most, Peerless was peerless

Last edited:
From corner36:

Walker has been timing in the mid to high 4.4’s this off season. He was playing with a bad knee (meniscus). He got that cleaned up and he’s 4.47 41 inch vertical consistently. Timed 10.7 in time trials in track a month ago. Again the difference is the explosiveness and quickness/change of directions. He’s very sudden. He’s the best athlete in the state IMO.

From corner36:

Walker has been timing in the mid to high 4.4’s this off season. He was playing with a bad knee (meniscus). He got that cleaned up and he’s 4.47 41 inch vertical consistently. Timed 10.7 in time trials in track a month ago. Again the difference is the explosiveness and quickness/change of directions. He’s very sudden. He’s the best athlete in the state IMO.
10.7 and he's more quick than fast? Sounds like he still has plenty of speed to go with his quickness

Yeah, that game during the second half, I thought surely now Dobbs has found his passing touch. Well he did for that game, the rest of the season not so much.
No, but 2016 he finally did. Just one reason I never give up on QBs. Many UT QBs have found astounding ways to put it all together in their final season.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Agree to disagree

You think Jeudy is the best college WR ever?
He wasn't even the best WR in his division last season...

And my goodness YouTube Randy Moss at Marshall.

It's debatable that he's the best WR in Bama history. Personally Amari Cooper was that guy for me. Julio Jones 2nd. Jeudy a close 3rd. I'm a big fan of Juedy, but there's no way take him over Peerless Price of 1998 or Peter Warrick of 1999.

VN Store

Back