'21 TN WR Walker Merrill (Tennessee signee)

@de1conley ,

I'm not really sure who to compare this kid too. Not Zach Rogers or Josh Smith... not Benji Shuler, not Wes Welker or the former Clemson WR now with Las Vegas Raiders.

Let me ask you this. Do you think he's just as good at safety as WR? You see him up close.
Has a little Tom Zibikowski in em. Imo

Frame: Somewhat high-cut with decent length in arms. Chest and shoulders have room to grow. Narrow waist and athletic lower half.

Athleticism: Faster than quick athlete with better long speed than initial twitch. Plays with very good balance and body flexibility. Flashes strong hands, though prefers to nestle catch at this point. Solid foot fire and can toe drag along sideline. Attempts to create in RAC-phase and capable of making first defender miss.

Instincts: Uses a 2-step release versus press coverage and skip release versus squat alignments. Fair stemming versus squat defenders to force hips to open and declare. Basic release versus loose/off coverage. Has a good pressure step in his comeback route. Willing to block in seams, as he can come to balance, adjust and latch.

Polish: Lines up as No. 1 and No. 2 in trips, No. 2 in 2x2 sets, and also as a running back in split-shotgun formation. Route tree is mostly post, corner, slant, go and factors into screen game. Lacks twitchy release quickness off the line and can play with only a single gear. Limited separation quickness consistency. Must also expand his strike zone.

Bottom Line: Merrill is a flexible athlete who has above-average long speed when he can get his lower base going. He’s creative with the ball and will make a defender or two miss. Merrill must continue expanding both his strike zone and route tree, though he could be a solid contributor as a slot or Z receiver at the next level.

SI All-American Candidate Walker Merrill Highlights and Evaluation

Granzow then connected with Adam Fontechia for a 32-yard strike and Walker Merrill for a 27-yarder to close the half with a 33-0 advantage.
Granzow...closed with 183 yards passing going 13-of-24 with the three TDs. He also led the team with 62 yards on nine carries. Merrill, a Tennessee commit, was his favorite target hauling in eight receptions for 108 yards and the score.

http://www.williamsonherald.com/spo...cle_af9fa698-e47d-11ea-a3ef-f7800228207d.html

FWIW, Cade Granzow, an Auburn baseball commit, is VFL Judd Granzow's son.

Last edited:
NO, because he stays low and makes hard cuts. Alot of times I see the route rounded off but his seem crisp.Also seems like in the vid he gets decent separation after his cuts. I could really care less about the"star" ratings as I believe they are no better than my wife giving them ratings and she knows little about football.

Reactions: hooter vol
Fox 17 High School Football show said he sat out of tonight’s game with a hamstring injury.
Was wondering. Brentwood High was getting throttled at halftime. Refused to update it after seeing the score once. I’m no glutton for punishment in my older years.

VN Store

Back