'22 TN WR Taylor Groves (Ole Miss commit)

Nah.

Harbaugh is mediocre at best.
I can't believe someone is going to lead me to defend Jim Harbaugh; yet, here we are. "Mediocre at best"??...while I agree, I dont think he can get them to the next level, the man is a good coach. The dude wins games at a 70% clip: 107-49 in college, 44-19 in the NFL. Three out of the four years he was with the 49ers, he went to the NFC Championship. Far from "mediocre at best".

I can't believe someone is going to lead me to defend Jim Harbaugh; yet, here we are. "Mediocre at best"??...while I agree, I dont think he can get them to the next level, the man is a good coach. The dude wins games at a 70% clip: 107-49 in college, 44-19 in the NFL. Three out of the four years he was with the 49ers, he went to the NFC Championship. Far from "mediocre at best".

I think he is a good college coach but a great NFL coach. He has not adjusted well to today’s game and I feel like it is passing a lot of the old school philosophy guys to the side if they don’t figure out how to play this way. You just can’t be that old Stanford pro style out tough people anymore. You become too easy to defend in college. We saw it here where in hindsight we should have hired an uptempo offensive guy for a rebuild like we did now.

I think he is a good college coach but a great NFL coach. He has not adjusted well to today’s game and I feel like it is passing a lot of the old school philosophy guys to the side if they don’t figure out how to play this way. You just can’t be that old Stanford pro style out tough people anymore. You become too easy to defend in college. We saw it here where in hindsight we should have hired an uptempo offensive guy for a rebuild like we did now.
Total agreement.

Reactions: StoVol
He’s won 10 games 3/6 seasons.

He’s not beating OSU or winning a championship but it’s a little silly to say he can not win. He’s also an alum and if they were gonna fire him they would’ve done it after this season.

The only way he gets fired is if it goes off the rails and they go like 3-9 or something crazy
he is based off osu and he is not going to beat them. They can have him and let these recruits go waste away up there. he is like Pruitt in a lot of ways, mostly they waste talent. They are a middle of the road big 10 team just depends on some others do.

Not a big loss. He doesn’t like to be hit. My son’s team played them this year and he took himself out every time he got hit. He was on the sideline a lot that game.

Not a big loss. He doesn’t like to be hit. My son’s team played them this year and he took himself out every time he got hit. He was on the sideline a lot that game.

Just watched his film from first 6 games this year and on offense he willingly made contested catches in traffic, he lowered his shoulder instead of avoiding contact, he was physical off the line of scrimmage and on defense he was trying to thump fools.

Maybe you got the wrong kid or maybe he was battling an injury when you saw him but he doesn’t appear to “not like being hit”.

you watched one game in a season were he had a knee injury from the start of the season. What game was that ?

he is based off osu and he is not going to beat them. They can have him and let these recruits go waste away up there. he is like Pruitt in a lot of ways, mostly they waste talent. They are a middle of the road big 10 team just depends on some others do.
He's a good coach just probably not willing to be as dirty as Ohio State in recruiting. If he had Ohio State's recruiting classes, he would beat Ryan Day.

Reactions: StoVol and PYSCHO

Apparently NFL players get tired of his antics around year 3 or 4.

Reactions: lfvol
Tennessee’s former staff offered Groves awhile back. He just hasn’t really been a priority for the Vols under either staff. I agree that the competition he plays against isn’t very good, for the most part, so I think you’d ideally like to see him stand out a little more on film. Pretty good player, and I agree he probably belongs on defense, but he does need to take a step forward this year, in my opinion.
callahan

He should have gone to one of the D2 AAA or AA schools in Nashville. Better competition, coaching, and strength/conditioning.

VN Store

Back