'22 TN WR Kaydin Pope (Mississippi State commit)

Looks like Nimrod takes one of their spots. I’m even more convinced we aren’t taking 6 WR. But this does help us in the event we get 0 or 1 of these
final 2 guys.
If the offense starts off hot, especially if it stays hot through the Florida game, we could see some changes in the current offensive commits. I think Miller and White are locks. I really like this kids film though.

These Tennessee high school kids that have the opportunity to choose UT need some people around them to explain the obvious benefits of playing for their state school, especially with a brand and cross-state following like the University of Tennessee. You will have to become a star else where, but in Tennessee you will be taken care of for life even if you have an average career.

These Tennessee high school kids that have the opportunity to choose UT need some people around them to explain the obvious benefits of playing for their state school, especially with a brand and cross-state following like the University of Tennessee. You will have to become a star else where, but in Tennessee you will be taken care of for life even if you have an average career.

Unless they live in a another state after they graduate...

So are other schools alumni.

I agree with your original point. But maybe he is a kid that doesn't want to really stay around the state after college.

Which brings us back to my original post. It was meant for Tennessee kids staying in state and their future, and how Tennessee is an elite brand and The University in our state. Of course not all will want to stay in state, but my opinion is that UT offers a lot more than most for a Tennessee kid thinking about his future with a Tennessee offer in hand.

Reactions: LittleVol
It will be interesting to see what they do with Kaydin Pope if Ayomanor goes the way of the Cardinal. Pope is the one who has slowed the pace as some schools have made him think about the investigation which allowed Chas Nimrod and Ayomanor to become bigger priorities. We still believe Tennessee leads for Pope but he is planning to see some schools in September and that’s how it gets more dicey.
VQ

“I want to get out and see the places I haven’t seen,” said Pope, who’s ranked the No. 626 overall prospect and No. 85 wide receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 21 senior from Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I’ve seen Mississippi State, but it was about three or four years ago, so I want to get out and see Auburn, Mississippi State, probably Michigan.”

Memphis and Tennessee hosted him on his first two official visits in June. His sights have been set on a fall decision since the spring, and he said he still envisions waiting until at least October to pick a school.

“I’m setting up (a visit) with Mississippi State right now, and I’m going to do one with UT,” said Pope, who has received scholarship offers from more than 20 teams. “And I’m going to go on an official to Mississippi State and an official to Auburn. … Those were the two I wanted to go to during the summer, but just never had a chance to go.”

Pope said he’s “not sure” when any of his visits might happen. The only potential visit he has looked into so far, he said, is a possible trip to Tennessee on Sept. 2 for its season opener against Bowling Green. He said he’s “not sure” yet whether he will attend the game, but it’s not out of the question that he could make it to Knoxville for the Thursday night kickoff because “our Thursday practices are done early.”

He said he has stayed in contact with first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff on a regular basis, and the Vols have made it clear that “they still want me.” But he’s currently hearing a bit more from three other schools.

“On a daily basis, I talk to Mississippi State, Michigan and Memphis,” Pope said. “Tennessee is, like, (every) two or three days.”

Tennessee remains high on his list, he said, because of “just the coaching staff and how they’ve showed that they really want me,” led by wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and Heupel himself. Pope said he’s eager to see how the Vols’ new, fast-paced offense looks this season.

“I do just want to see the offense — like, how they run the offense in a real game,” he said. “The way they showed me, I think it’s a good fit for me, so just (want to see) the results — like, if it’ll work in the SEC.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back