'22 TN WR Kaydin Pope (Mississippi State commit)

Is this guy a take? I've never seen him play, but a lot of my friends have seen him.
They say he a player and willing to do anything. And he's fast..................

The Class of 2022 wide receiver from Savannah’s Hardin County High School said he’s scheduled to take official visits to Auburn the weekend of June 11 and Tennessee the weekend of June 25. He said the Vols and the Tigers are two of the top teams he’s considering, and they’re the only teams that he currently expects to host him on official visits next month.
When he returns to Tennessee next month, he said he wants to “meet the coaches, see how they are” and get a better feel for the Vols’ campus and facilities. He wasn’t able to meet with first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff during his trip to Knoxville last month because of the ongoing NCAA dead period for recruiting, which ends May 31.

“I already know a little bit about (Tennessee’s coaches), but get to know them some more, just see the city some more,” Pope said. “I only got to stay there one day (last month).”

Vols wide receivers coach Kodi Burns has built a strong relationship with Pope over the past few months. Pope said Burns is high on him “because they can do a lot with me, and he said I can play inside and out, and I can be more than just somebody to pass the ball to. I can get handoffs and all types of stuff.”

Pope said he has continued to talk with a few of Tennessee’s players, too. He’s a cousin of Vols senior defensive end LaTrell Bumphus, another former Hardin County standout, and Pope has gotten to know Tennessee wide receivers Velus Jones Jr. and Jimmy Holiday.

“I think (Jones) followed me on Instagram before I went up there, and Jimmy Holiday,” Pope said. “I talk to Jimmy, too — those three guys. They both hit me up before I went up there.

“They really like the offense, they told me. They said it’d be a big effect on how the outcome is this year for Tennessee. They said the coaches were cool, and they were better than the last staff. I thought that was good.”

While it wasn’t a true recruiting visit, his trip to Tennessee last month left him with a good impression of the Vols.

“(I liked) the end of the game, when they sing ‘Rocky Top.’ Everybody, like, huddles up,” Pope said. “The stadium’s pretty big and nice. When they played, I didn’t expect them to throw the ball as much as they did. You know how they tell you, ‘We’re going to throw the ball a lot?’ They threw it a lot. I liked that. The coaches, they were having fun on the sideline. I liked that, too.”
-Callahan

Says he may wait until September to decide.

Kaydin Pope visited Tennessee’s campus for the first time in April to attend its spring-ending Orange and White Game, and first-year Vols coach Josh Heupel and his staff have made Pope one of their top in-state priorities for months. This weekend, he finally will get a chance to meet them in person.

The Class of 2022 wide receiver from Hardin County High School in Savannah, Tenn., is scheduled to travel to Tennessee this weekend on an official visit that will be his first true recruiting visit with the Vols. Going into the trip, he said “they’re still high on my list” among his more than 20 scholarship offers, and he’s looking forward to learning more about the program.

The 6-foot-0.5, 175-pound Pope said he recently has continued talking with Tennessee on a daily basis, led by wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and Heupel himself.

“I talk to Coach Burns almost every day and Coach Heupel every other day,” said Pope, who’s ranked the No. 617 overall prospect and No. 82 wide receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 22 rising senior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“They’re just telling me how ready they are for (the visit).”

Pope, who went to Memphis the weekend of June 11 on his first official visit, said he “didn’t get to really look at everything” during his trip to Knoxville the weekend of April 24 for the Vols’ spring game because it came during the extended NCAA dead period for recruiting.

He said he’s eager to take a closer look at Tennessee’s facilities this weekend and learn more about the academics there. But he said he’s already high on the Vols because of “the relationships and the coaches.”

“I like how much they’re talking to me,” Pope said, “and I know that they’ll take care of me if I go there.”

Tennessee’s coaches have continued to tell him plenty about “just the way they put the ball in the air and how they can get me the ball,” along with the Vols’ desire to line him up both “inside and outside” at wide receiver.

“I can play everywhere,” he said.
-Callahan

“I was really just looking forward to getting there and meeting the coaches in person,” Pope said after the visit. “They would ask me what my favorite part was and I told them that’s what it was – meeting them and being able to talk to them in person.”

“I had some good impressions of these coaches and everyone has something great to say about this staff,” Pope told Volquest. “They told me ‘what you see is what you get’ with them and that’s one thing I’m really high on.

“That’s one thing all the players were telling me also. How they act in front of me is how they always act. That’s good to see.”

“They told me I’d have the opportunity to get the ball in the offense and to go and make a lot of plays,” the wide receiver said. “They have been preaching to me that they are going to keep the ball in the air and be an explosive and an aggressive offense.

“It’s definitely exciting for me.”

“I want to go to a few games so it might be sometime in September,” Pope looked ahead. “I think Tennessee definitely helped themselves out this weekend while I was in town. I’m really intrigued to see how they come together as a team this fall.

“I like the direction the team is heading with coach Heupel and I could see myself in a place like this. Everyone that was here is loving this [staff] more than the last coach. I’m glad to hear that.”
e.cain

VN Store

Back