'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

That’s our administrations fault..... they don’t need an investigation to get rid of people they don’t want over the football program.
Administration’s fault that one of his own leaked the violations making plausible deniability impossible? They were prepared to bring him back, so this narrative that they manufactured trouble to “get rid” of him isn’t based in honesty.

Details or happening it didn’t.
I worked for/became friendly with Phil’s best fiend..... His name was Dan..... Thunder Thornton use to come around a lot..... The things I know about personally was players coming into the locker room after games..... lockers would have cash in pockets/pullover type things would be stuffed with cash.... They also set up players with cars..... I think it was Travis Henry that drove a newer model Ford Expedition. I also heard some really good Bernard Kong stories about how we treated him like a king during his time there..... Not sure if they gave him a car but he was able to go to certain dealerships and drive off in any car he wanted for the week.

I worked for/became friendly with Phil’s best fiend..... His name was Dan..... Thunder Thornton use to come around a lot..... The things I know about personally was players coming into the locker room after games..... lockers would have cash in pockets/pullover type things would be stuffed with cash.... They also set up players with cars..... I think it was Travis Henry that drove a newer model Ford Expedition. I also heard some really good Bernard Kong stories about how we treated him like a king during his time there..... Not sure if they gave him a car but he was able to go to certain dealerships and drive off in any car he wanted for the week.
Fiend huh? 😏

Administration’s fault that one of his own leaked the violations making plausible deniability impossible? They were prepared to bring him back, so this narrative that they manufactured trouble to “get rid” of him isn’t based in honesty.
They might not be able to do anything but go forward..... it just seems other programs put up more of a fight..... Heck ...... Kansas brought in snoop dogg..... stripper poles...... shot fake money over recruits after the fbi came forward with taped evidence of paying recruits to steer them to Kansas.

Was it ever discovered who the leak was?

I think it is clear that someone in the AD directly provided Plowman with the hot tip that brought on the internal investigation. Betting they bypassed their immediate superiors and CPF with the info. Don't think they feared losing their job for sitting on it or would have simply gone up the chain instead of going directly to the top. I also think it is clear that Plowman and CPF assumed that based on early findings that though not good, Pruitt would survive and brought in Steele to be available for interim duty next year if the season did not really turn around. After Steele was hired, the worst findings came out and FOR CAUSE came into the equation and the rest is history. Nobody can feel more betrayed by Pruitt than CPF who had bet his second career on him. Bet he wishes he had selected Steele or Tucker over Pruitt three years ago. Probably not a real winner in the bunch, but this was a disaster.

Last edited:
I think it is clear that someone in the AD directly provided Plowman with the hot tip that brought on the internal investigation. Betting they bypassed their immediate superiors and CPF with the info. Don't think they feared losing their job for sitting on it or would have simply gone up the chain instead of going directly to the top. I also think it is clear that Plowman and CPF assumed that based on early findings that though not good, Pruitt would survive and brought in Steele to be available for interim duty next year if the season did not really turn around. After Steele was hired, the worst findings came out and FOR CAUSE came into the equation and the rest is history. Nobody can feel more betrayed by Pruitt than CPF who had bet his second career on him. Bet he wishes he had selected Steele or Tucker over Pruitt three years ago. Probably not a real winner in the bunch, but this was a disaster.
Most plausible scenario I’ve read so far.

Over the last couple months, Horton has flipped back and forth between Alabama and Florida as his favorites and now it’s clear that the Gators are in the lead. Two things are helping Florida at this point: Horton is building relationships with more coaches on the staff to make him feel more comfortable and the four-star receiver from Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland feels like a priority from that coaching staff.

Rivals

Over the last couple months, Horton has flipped back and forth between Alabama and Florida as his favorites and now it’s clear that the Gators are in the lead. Two things are helping Florida at this point: Horton is building relationships with more coaches on the staff to make him feel more comfortable and the four-star receiver from Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland feels like a priority from that coaching staff.

Rivals

gross

Most plausible scenario I’ve read so far.

It is my own conclusion, and I came to it based on the timing of Steele's hire. I don't think he comes if he does not anticipate CPF being here going forward, and I don't think CPF brought him here with the expectation he would not be here either. I figure Steele took the job because no matter what he did, his earnings would not change, it was his alma mater, and he saw the potential for one last shot a a HC position after an anticipated trial run as the interim. No guarantees, but his best shot. I don't think there was a glimmer of firing Pruitt near term in anybody's mind those few days before the press conference. I HAVE TO BELIEVE some heavy hitting evidence hit to bring on the firing when it happened.i

Edited to add..... Further, if the really damning evidence had been uncovered earlier, I think some of the rats would have jumped ship rather than been shown the door en mass.

Last edited:
Sounds like Neil Sandler Ford was the Volunteer carpool.

Reactions: volbeast33
Tennessee’s new staff has spent the past couple months getting to know Horton, who has been one of the Vols’ top in-state targets in the 2022 class for more than a year. He said his conversations with Tennessee are “pretty much a daily thing,” with Heupel and Burns both staying in contact with Horton.

Horton said Burns has continued to tell him “just how they’ll take care of me, and just winning football with UT, and he’s going to develop me to be a great receiver and also to be a great man (in) life after football — things of that nature.”

Burns had some contact with Horton during his previous stint at Auburn, which extended an offer to Horton almost a year ago. But he said he has gotten to know Burns better since he arrived at Tennessee, and Burns has made a good impression on him over the past several weeks.

“He’s a cool guy, because fashion choice-wise, we have that in common,” Horton said. “We both kind of like the same kind of fashion, clothes-wise, so that’s what I like. He’s a cool guy. We text pretty much almost every day.”

Heupel’s uptempo offense also is intriguing to Horton, who referred to Tennessee as his leader for months last year during former Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s tenure.

“It feels like they’re going to be more uptempo, and I feel like they’re going to throw the ball pretty much more in this offense they’re going to build this upcoming season,” Horton said.

“The previous staff, they had a nice offense. But it helps more knowing that they want to throw the ball and they’re willing to, based on their offense. And how they’re going to run their offense is kind of around throwing the ball.”
-Callahan

Rivals

honestly there is no leader. It Bama and Fla then UT and Miami. He is in wait and see mode with the latter two but neither are out of it. In the end I think it would be Bama as long as things continue to roll as they are down there. Qb play is pivotal and to me Bama has the better Qb situation of any of the 4 schools.

I'm not because with his athleticism and fluidity he will be next level in college. Both he and Barion have a mindset that top tier athletes have to hv in order to play at the level that they do.

Bama is only taking 2-3 WR’s this year, because it’s not a pressing need for them. I could see Barion going to Bama, but Horton goes to FL, imo. I’m sure I’ll be wrong but oh well. These were Bama’s top targets, supposedly.
CJ Williams
Kevin Coleman
Kojo Antwi
Shazz Preston

Also, are we finally in the drivers seat for Cam Miller? I don’t see Bama taking him either

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
Bama is only taking 2-3 WR’s this year, because it’s not a pressing need for them. I could see Barion going to Bama, but Horton goes to FL, imo. I’m sure I’ll be wrong but oh well. These were Baja’s top targets, supposedly.
CJ Williams
Kevin Coleman
Kojo Antwi
Shazz Preston

Also, are we finally in the drivers seat for Cam Miller? I don’t see Bama taking him either

You're not wrong at all but when a kid shows up to campus and lives up to the billing and has a body and moves like both of those 2 local kids will that can change the pecking order. Isaiah could easily go to Fla but what I'm saying is until they show up at the camp nobody is a lock at Bama. I was there the year Crouch cm to camp and Saban said strap up big fella and let me see what you got. At that time ppl were questioning him but for other obvious reasons.

VN Store

Back