'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

Hey de1conley, in the beginning you were heavily pro-Pruitt (as was I). Do you so feel that way?

Things hv not gone as thought, but being the hand he was dealt and the roster overhaul I never thought anything would happen earlier than year 4 or 5. You had compound issues on offense. Why hire an OC at a premium but not allow him to hire his own OL guy? Why retain a qb coach who was a liability and not an asset in any facet of your progress on offense? All bad decisions and coaching malpractice. On defense you hired a JAG DL coach and fired him over an argument or disagreement in a meeting, you hire a guy for recruiting and make him TE coach then Lb coach which is a position that needs experience and knowledge at the position because of the importance in the defense scheme.

I personally still support CJP but things hv to chg very fast. Friend is gone, Weinke is gone, now time to mk professional hires not friends or common names. He needs guys like Boom, Tosh, or Bo Davis to help him recruit and coach on high tier which is needed to win at UT. Fandom in its modern form is pure ignorance. Social media makes fans look really stupid to recruits and helps with negative recruiting against UT.

Things hv not gone as thought, but being the hand he was dealt and the roster overhaul I never thought anything would happen earlier than year 4 or 5. You had compound issues on offense. Why hire an OC at a premium but not allow him to hire his own OL guy? Why retain a qb coach who was a liability and not an asset in any facet of your progress on offense? All bad decisions and coaching malpractice. On defense you hired a JAG DL coach and fired him over an argument or disagreement in a meeting, you hire a guy for recruiting and make him TE coach then Lb coach which is a position that needs experience and knowledge at the position because of the importance in the defense scheme.

I personally still support CJP but things hv to chg very fast. Friend is gone, Weinke is gone, now time to mk professional hires not friends or common names. He needs guys like Boom, Tosh, or Bo Davis to help him recruit and coach on high tier which is needed to win at UT. Fandom in its modern form is pure ignorance. Social media makes fans look really stupid to recruits and helps with negative recruiting against UT.
Weinke is gone? That’s great news.

Wonder who else will be either fired/moving on?

I wonder what has the biggest impact on negative recruiting, stupid, uniformed, ignorant fans, or.... Getting blown out by all your rivals, getting blown out at home to KY and losing to an Arkansas team that was winless in conference two prior season with a new, first time head coach?

Well said, my thoughts too

I haven’t been a fan of Friend for awhile. Our OL would have done better if they just didn’t even have a coach.

Who are some Chaney OL coaches he would want to bring in?

Before Fulmer got the AD job I was hoping he’d take an OL job at UT

So wait a minute now.....is he trying to make us believe what fans say and how they act effects recruiting? That's a bunch of BS, I am not buying it.

From your standpoint....yeah it's smart to still support him. After he gets fired soon or next year whichever, he's still going to land a job somewhere as a DC. Probably at an SEC school, where some of your kids will be offered to play through him.

Because I don't see any other reason to support him at this point from MY standpoint. But I'm not in your shoes with having kids future in the balance. Never burn bridges...

I wonder what has the biggest impact on negative recruiting, stupid, uniformed, ignorant fans, or.... Getting blown out by all your rivals, getting blown out at home to KY and losing to an Arkansas team that was winless in conference two prior season with a new, first time head coach?

That's all connected...
Literally there is NOT the kind of negative fan talk if we're not losing said games.

Reactions: StoVol
That's all connected...
Literally there is NOT the kind of negative fan talk if we're not losing said games.
My point is that winning and being successful gives infinitely more ammunition to negative recruiting. I do agree though that they are connected.

Have you heard any more in regards to the firing of Brumbaugh? What was Phil’s take on this? I understand that certain things need to happen, but the optics of it didn’t look good and still don’t look good.

Come to UT! We just lit the world on fire with our receivers this year. Our top 3 ranked 19th, 42nd, and 43rd in SEC receiving yards this year.

Honestly, hope we can snag this guy. He's a part of the insanely talented '22 class.

Reactions: MadWorld
I don't know what it's going to take for UT to start making these Oakland kids a Tip of the Spear priority? They keep producing top notch D1 talent and UT keeps missing out. This kid will probably play at a high level in college. Pair him with Salter or Simpson and would be a big turn in our passing game.

I don't know what it's going to take for UT to start making these Oakland kids a Tip of the Spear priority? They keep producing top notch D1 talent and UT keeps missing out. This kid will probably play at a high level in college. Pair him with Salter or Simpson and would be a big turn in our passing game.

What do you mean?
Jack Jones ✅
Jacoby Stevens (Offered) LSU
James (Offered)
Horton (Offered)
Washington is the only one they didn't take seriously.

Who else have they slow played that was worthy of a scholarship?

Have you heard any more in regards to the firing of Brumbaugh? What was Phil’s take on this? I understand that certain things need to happen, but the optics of it didn’t look good and still don’t look good.

Yes it was stupid and very childish to say the least, and I'll leave it right there. Some times too much male fortitude can be very bad. A man that won't stand up for himself is a coward and a man who won't allow him too has control issues. But that's neither here nor there when he should've never been here anyways.

Yes it was stupid and very childish to say the least, and I'll leave it right there. Some times too much male fortitude can be very bad. A man that won't stand up for himself is a coward and a man who won't allow him too has control issues. But that's neither here nor there when he should've never been here anyways.

why are we keeping him? :(

VN Store

Back