'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

So I am an assistant coach at Oakland HS and I can tell you Horton had all the physical tangibles to produce highly at the Power 5 level. However, if there was one criticism he had received in multiple camps is the ability to set his feet early out of breaks and having a lack of top end speed. Great at high pointing and very physical though
Please send some talented kids UT's way.

So I'm guessing Horton is more a possession receiver. Does Heupel's offense make use of possession receivers, or is he all about those speed guys?

So I'm guessing Horton is more a possession receiver. Does Heupel's offense make use of possession receivers, or is he all about those speed guys?

Speed & separation.

The deep ball is important in Heupel’s offense.

If you go watch some UCF highlights from the past 3 seasons, you will see that he makes use of various WR types and RB's. The crazy part is that they only had one RB over 200 pounds in those 3 years. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like with real SEC talent.

If you go watch some UCF highlights from the past 3 seasons, you will see that he makes use of various WR types and RB's. The crazy part is that they only had one RB over 200 pounds in those 3 years. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like with real SEC talent.
He does make use of various types but that may not be what he prefers

Please send some talented kids UT's way.
I think there is still a chance with James. I know he has not completely closed the door on UT. However, UT needs to show the use of a power back this year if they want any chance in flipping him. Myself being a die hard fan since I was born, I am always throwing UT's name around at practices, in weightroom etc. I think the upcoming sophomore class will have some serious talent as they continue to develop. Just hoping UT takes the time to build the relationships over time

I think there is still a chance with James. I know he has not completely closed the door on UT. However, UT needs to show the use of a power back this year if they want any chance in flipping him. Myself being a die hard fan since I was born, I am always throwing UT's name around at practices, in weightroom etc. I think the upcoming sophomore class will have some serious talent as they continue to develop. Just hoping UT takes the time to build the relationships over time
You like working for Creasy?

You like working for Creasy?
So far! I've learned a lot here so far. He is very intense but I think he has done a good job at making his players better on and off the field. Hoping the success OHS has had under him can help me progress up the ladder and eventually get to be a DB's coach at UT haha obviously will need to make other stops along the way

Horton is a possession receiver who I could see playing a Jennings kind of role for his next school. Great hands, decent vertical, but not super elusive. Again, his biggest criticism is the lack of ability to take the top off of a secondary

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So far! I've learned a lot here so far. He is very intense but I think he has done a good job at making his players better on and off the field. Hoping the success OHS has had under him can help me progress up the ladder and eventually get to be a DB's coach at UT haha obviously will need to make other stops along the way
He's an old friend of mine. Went to high school together.

Good luck in all you wish to do.

So I am an assistant coach at Oakland HS and I can tell you Horton had all the physical tangibles to produce highly at the Power 5 level. However, if there was one criticism he had received in multiple camps is the ability to set his feet early out of breaks and having a lack of top end speed. Great at high pointing and very physical though

I really do think he's a potentially great safety.

I’ll buy stock in Martinez evals too

People didn’t like the hire because he was a UCF guy but don’t act like he didn’t have some stud DBs last time he was here.. and none of those guys were exactly highly ranked kids.
Not only that but he got DBs drafted from UCF in that defense!!! I’m all in on Martinez. Between him and RG I think we have some great developers on D. Not as familiar with BJM. If he’s solid to above average we could have a great D in a couple years (wishful thinking for this year)

Not only that but he got DBs drafted from UCF in that defense!!! I’m all in on Martinez. Between him and RG I think we have some great developers on D. Not as familiar with BJM. If he’s solid to above average we could have a great D in a couple years (wishful thinking for this year)
BJM was recently rated as one of the top 25 LB coaches in the country. RG was the #2 DL coach.

Always coach where your feet are. Be loyal, the future will take care of itself. Creasy is a good guy and great coach. Good luck this season.

I would add both our LB coaches and Martinez into the conversation as well...I'm wait and see about RB, TE and OL although I would say I'm cautiously optimistic...

Golesh handles TEs, and his guys just keep breaking school records everywhere he’s been. Prob not a recruiting priority since there are 37 of them on the roster right now, but I’m extremely okay with that position group.

Golesh handles TEs, and his guys just keep breaking school records everywhere he’s been. Prob not a recruiting priority since there are 37 of them on the roster right now, but I’m extremely okay with that position group.
I know it's hyperbole, but we actually have 6 scholarship TEs. 2 will leave after this year. No idea how any of them match up to what Golesh and Heupel look for in TEs. With one committed, it wouldn't surprise me if they added another one.

But I still contend our major needs are on defense.

RB coach has been a pleasant surprise IMO. Doing a good job in Memphis/Mississippi.

Thats because that's his home base. He has connects and friends in that area. 1st two jobs were in the state of MS. Met him while he was at NC Central through a friend who was an asst basketball coach. Good dude and offensive brainiac.

Thats because that's his home base. He has connects and friends in that area. 1st two jobs were in the state of MS. Met him while he was at NC Central through a friend who was an asst basketball coach. Good dude and offensive brainiac.
Memphis guys just know how to get sh!t done. Especially if locked in.

VN Store

Back