'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

So I am an assistant coach at Oakland HS and I can tell you Horton had all the physical tangibles to produce highly at the Power 5 level. However, if there was one criticism he had received in multiple camps is the ability to set his feet early out of breaks and having a lack of top end speed. Great at high pointing and very physical though

I really like Horton. Not my call but I will be disappointed if we did not go all in.
I have quit trying to judge talent…. Some of my bigger misses….. thought Randall Cobb would suck at kentucky( I watched him every Friday night)…… thought Derek Barnett would suck and be much worse than some of the other DL we were bringing in…… thought Khalil McKenzie was going to be an absolute beast…..thought Peyton Manning was picked as qb bc of his last name bc imo Brandon Stewart looked better.

Last edited:
I have quit trying to judge talent…. Some of my bigger misses….. thought Randall Cobb would suck at kentucky( I watched him every Friday night)…… thought Derek Barnett would suck and be much worse than some of the other DL we were bringing in…… thought Khalil McKenzie was going to be an absolute beast…..thought Peyton Manning would as picked as qb bc of his last name bc imo Brandon Stewart looked better.
I totally get this and totally trust our coaches.

I mean, I definitely trust three things (in this order)

Rodney Garners eye for DL talent
Josh Heupels eye for QB talent
Kodi Burns eye for WR talent.

I would add both our LB coaches and Martinez into the conversation as well...I'm wait and see about RB, TE and OL although I would say I'm cautiously optimistic...

I love the fact that most of our offensive staff has coached together in the past...after seeing how our "thrown together" staffs have done over the past decade I'm very much a believer in chemistry and continuity amongst a coaching staff

Last edited:
I would add both our LB coaches and Martinez into the conversation as well...I'm wait and see about RB, TE and OL although I would say I'm cautiously optimistic...

I love the fact that most of our offensive staff have coached together in the past...after seeing how our "thrown together" staffs have done over the past decade I'm very much a believer of chemistry and continuity amongst a coaching staff
RB coach has been a pleasant surprise IMO. Doing a good job in Memphis/Mississippi.

I love the fact that most of our offensive staff have coached together in the past...after seeing how our "thrown together" staffs have done over the past decade I'm very much a believer of chemistry and continuity amongst a coaching staff
I’m in a lot better place with Martinez than I was when he was a candidate. Still not full on trust wise.

VN Store

Back