'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

Four-star Oakland receiver picks Miami over Vols, Bama
Senior averaged 18.9 yards per reception for state champion Patriots in 2020
MICHAEL GALLAGHER 13 MIN AGO

In state recruiting is killing us!
We have 3 5 stars about to commit

Nashville area has lost its orange tint with so many new people moving there from out of state

WR is the last position im worried about here. We are doing fine there and will continue to esp once these kids see the offense.

Reactions: voltn21
He wasn’t heavily pursued by the staff.

What part of that do you not understand? 🙃
Sure, every recruit that signs elsewhere is a “ we didn’t really want him”. A statement made for losers And also rans. Heard this for years now. Might be why we have sucked.

Sure, every recruit that signs elsewhere is a “ we didn’t really want him”. A statement made for losers And also rans. Heard this for years now. Might be why we have sucked.

So you admit you don’t know what you’re talking about?

Thanks for clarifying.

Lmao...they weren't "very bad" here.

This. People hated on Coleman for 3 years because he was always in position but struggled to defend the outside deep ball and getting head around so he was moved to Nickel by Willie his Senior yr and had a very good Senior season and ended up highest paid nickel corner in NfL at one point. Even in those first three years he was solid but everyone remembered the deep balls but each time he was right there with the guy

EMan was special but wasn’t bad. Solid CB just like in NfL. He isn’t great and isn’t awful just solid but getting paid. He also was a QB that didn’t play CB so he was bound to be a late bloomer.

People always just assume your great or bad for some reason in this board. Sometimes your solid to good in the middle

Have to disagree with you. Sometimes the best stats a CB can have are no stats.... teams throw the other way.

I'm basing it off what I saw. It was an automatic first down if you threw toward either of them.

Justin Coleman however was a very solid open field tackler. He just couldn't cover.

Moseley played his best ball as a true freshman, then he just got worse.

The only DB worse in coverage was Buchanan who transferred this off-season.

Moseley gave up so many critical 3rd down conversions! And Justin Coleman...lost count of how many long TDs he gave up.
That's why he's a NB and not CB.

They were both talented yet awful in coverage

I believe you just made the case for how bad the player development has been here.
Well yeah.
I thought everyone realized that?

It's a slippery slope. Cam Sutton, Brian Randolph were also coached by Martinez, and they were both a solid as we've ever had at their positions.

Reactions: VolDC
This. People hated on Coleman for 3 years because he was always in position but struggled to defend the outside deep ball and getting head around so he was moved to Nickel by Willie his Senior yr and had a very good Senior season and ended up highest paid nickel corner in NfL at one point. Even in those first three years he was solid but everyone remembered the deep balls but each time he was right there with the guy

EMan was special but wasn’t bad. Solid CB just like in NfL. He isn’t great and isn’t awful just solid but getting paid. He also was a QB that didn’t play CB so he was bound to be a late bloomer.

People always just assume your great or bad for some reason in this board. Sometimes your solid to good in the middle

I thought Coleman was solid and Eman was up and down. The point was that both went undrafted, but became good starting NFL players. That is a fair knock on their development during their time at UT. The only DB that I recall getting drafted during Martinez’s time here was Sutton, and he showed up ready to play ball day 1.

I honestly don’t have an opinion about Martinez, but I get why are people on this board who were not thrilled about his return.

I'm basing it off what I saw. It was an automatic first down if you threw toward either of them.

Justin Coleman however was a very solid open field tackler. He just couldn't cover.

Moseley played his best ball as a true freshman, then he just got worse.

The only DB worse in coverage was Buchanan who transferred this off-season.

Moseley gave up so many critical 3rd down conversions! And Justin Coleman...lost count of how many long TDs he gave up.
That's why he's a NB and not CB.

They were both talented yet awful in coverage

They were both the best cover men on their teams at many points. While none of these teams were really good, the top cover men on any SEC team are not “awful”. Unfortunately, we remember CBs by the plays they give up

People didn’t like the Martinez hire because our DBs sucked when he coached here.

Facts all the Dbs were getting worked. Ppl kp bringing up Coleman and Eman Mosely and those guys were bbq chicken at Cb. Then ij saw ppl say J. Martin was bad and that wasn't the case before Willie Martinez got here. All if the Dbs except Sutton went undrafted if I recall correctly.

VN Store

Back