'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

Obviously

But, one would like to have the in-state talent in your back pocket if you want them.
UT hasn’t been relevant in these kids lifetime and a lot aren’t native Tennesseans anyway
I get that. But it’s very obvious why they have no interest in Tennessee. Dynamics of Middle TN have greatly changed.

Reactions: de1conley
May be a bit controversial but probably due to the fact that Tennessee was not a major slave state two centuries ago. Our region was more dependent on poor Scotch, Irish, and German immigrants for manual labor. Many people do not realize the significance of indentured servants and the poverty that existed in our region.
images.jpeg-3.jpg

I thought the consensus on this board was that players commit to coaches, not schools. If that is the case then there is no correlation between in-state recruiting and recruiting success.
Sure there is. This staff hasn't had much time to establish relationships, so the past 12 years of garbage football is the most glaring reflection of the program. Certainly more than the current staff. These kids have never seen consistent success from their state flagship program.

Reactions: Samthebam
Some of our best players have been from out of state.

These kids now & days are brainwashed into thinking we’re the only program that’s done shady stuff in the past. These so called “handlers” try to put us down and sway these kids to go elsewhere.

Personally, it’s foolish on their part.

blame it on anything but the real issue which is lack of success. It has nothing to do with shady stuff at all Or handlers. Win and all else will not matter. Kiffin left, Dooley was not qualified, Botch lied to kids and treated them like 💩. He also never developed a soul and failed to modify his system to his talent, then CJP depending on who or what you believe there were several isues from he wasn’t qualified to not given enough time and the payouts which is common practice.

blame it on anything but the real issue which is lack of success. It has nothing to do with shady stuff at all Or handlers. Win and all else will not matter. Kiffin left, Dooley was not qualified, Botch lied to kids and treated them like 💩. He also never developed a soul and failed to modify his system to his talent, then CJP depending on who or what you believe there were several isues from he wasn’t qualified to not given enough time and the payouts which is common practice.
Did you watch last season? You can't lose and treat people like **** and expect to keep your job. Maybe, maybe Pruitt was good to the kids, but he wasn't being nice to his personnel. Hell, he fired a coach at halftime of a game. And anyone who watched a single UT game could tell our players were not developing. You work for NPA so certainly you should be able to see his singular focus on hiring recruiters while ignoring the teaching aspect of coaching was buffoonish at best. So yeah, everybody cheats, you won't get an argument from me om that, but Pruitt was a complete moron on how he cheated. He pissed people off by how he treated them and then gave them the very ammunition they needed to take him down. And it's stupid to suggest that UT should have just "paid him his money" when he tanked the freaking program. And I really don't care how good a dude you think he is IRL, you obviously didn't have to put up with his BS. If anything, he schmoozed you guys to get to recruits.

I have no idea who it was that came forward, there have been a few different stories, but this wasn't just going to go away. The "bury it" option was taken off the table. Sure, I think Donde blew it up more than was necessary, but there was never going to be a pretty ending because of how Jeremy Pruitt treated people he didn't think mattered. He didn't deserve to come out of this paid and unscathed. Eff that.

Did you watch last season? You can't lose and treat people like **** and expect to keep your job. Maybe, maybe Pruitt was good to the kids, but he wasn't being nice to his personnel. Hell, he fired a coach at halftime of a game. And anyone who watched a single UT game could tell our players were not developing. You work for NPA so certainly you should be able to see his singular focus on hiring recruiters while ignoring the teaching aspect of coaching was buffoonish at best. So yeah, everybody cheats, you won't get an argument from me om that, but Pruitt was a complete moron on how he cheated. He pissed people off by how he treated them and then gave them the very ammunition they needed to take him down. And it's stupid to suggest that UT should have just "paid him his money" when he tanked the freaking program. And I really don't care how good a dude you think he is IRL, you obviously didn't have to put up with his BS. If anything, he schmoozed you guys to get to recruits.

I have no idea who it was that came forward, there have been a few different stories, but this wasn't just going to go away. The "bury it" option was taken off the table. Sure, I think Donde blew it up more than was necessary, but there was never going to be a pretty ending because of how Jeremy Pruitt treated people he didn't think mattered. He didn't deserve to come out of this paid and unscathed. Eff that.
Who cares about what Jeremy Pruitt came out with? I only care about the university of Tennessee….. I don’t know if we could have buried it but I sure would have tried….. Either way, we handled it pitifully…… The NCAA punishment will more than likely not be worse than what we have done to ourselves….. we have allowed the message to be controlled and manipulated by the media and other universities…. Some of the rumors that people(some are own fans) believe: more than 50 level 1 violations, paying will McDonald’s bags, it was rampant and Tennessee will be hit extremely hard, etc….. The investigation is still not over and will be probably 2-3 years after we turn it in before we hear anything from the NCAA…..Our staff has to live with this until we get the ruling and can finally move on.

May be a bit controversial but probably due to the fact that Tennessee was not a major slave state two centuries ago. Our region was more dependent on poor Scotch, Irish, and German immigrants for manual labor. Many people do not realize the significance of indentured servants and the poverty that existed in our region.
This ain't it, bro.

I’ll never understand why the state a kid comes from matters. I’m for taking any kid with talent that wants to be here.

One major reason is other schools outside the state has realized the Tennessee program has been a cluster-uck for several years (last year or two with Jones going forward). They started recruiting the state harder due the Tennessee's inept football staff. They recognized Nashville was booming in population and opportunity for good players was there so they have hit the area hard. Pruitt, on the other hand, showed little interest in Middle Tennessee area players which is coming back to bite the program in the a$$.

Now, Tennessee is faced with an entire new staff, none with strong recruiting ties in state and Covid preventing coaches to get out. Those who have been working the area have the advantage.

One major reason is other schools outside the state has realized the Tennessee program has been a cluster-uck for several years (last year or two with Jones going forward). They started recruiting the state harder due the Tennessee's inept football staff. They recognized Nashville was booming in population and opportunity for good players was there so they have hit the area hard. Pruitt, on the other hand, showed little interest in Middle Tennessee area players which is coming back to bite the program in the a$$.

Now, Tennessee is faced with an entire new staff, none with strong recruiting ties in state and Covid preventing coaches to get out. Those who have been working the area have the advantage.

Then our staff works other areas they have ties in until we win and then they can handpick. It is what it is. Stop worrying about where they come from.

Then our staff works other areas they have ties in until we win and then they can handpick. It is what it is. Stop worrying about where they come from.

I’m willing to bet some kids outside of Tennessee are bigger VFLs than the ones from the state of Tennessee.

They can make a big deal out of not being able to land in-state players but that just gives the staff more time to work on other areas where other great players are willing to come here.

start winning and none of this matters. obvious we arent getting any help this go round for whatever reason (thanks to a mouthbreather), doesnt matter. Just win.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back