'20 TN WR Darin Turner (Arkansas committ)

And It was the same with way with Croom.

I've actually been paid to evaluate players before. To give my opinion. It's not some extreme trade to learn. How many times have you agreed with a coach's opinion of a players talent? Many many times I imagine. So more than likely you and many others on here have some level of ability to evaluate a player. Not expert, but you can tell when a player is talented??

So I can be the only one. It only takes one person to be right anyway.
Well, you said Maleik Gray was a RB, too. So...🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile, another Memphis target is back on the market. Darin Turner decommitted from LSU on Thursday. The 4-star wideout from Memphis Central is fresh off visits to Arkansas and Miami. The Vols are pushing to get Turner back on campus. He hasn’t been here since Pruitt took over the program. Alabama and Auburn are in the mix here, too.
VQ

Reactions: T Dog

mMbNmNf.gif

Still looks like it might be an uphill battle for Tennessee — Alabama and a couple others look like strong contenders — but we'll see if the Vols can get him on campus at some point.
Callahan

Memphis Central wideout Darrin Turner decommitted from LSU a month ago and has yet to visit Tennessee. That will change this summer, as the 6-3, 215-pound wideout will take an OV with the Vols at an undecided date. Turner played mostly quarterback the last two seasons at Central, so he’s excited to showcase his skills as a true receiver during his senior season. It will be interesting to see what that does to his stock as a prospect after a so-so junior year. Turner has the frame to add more weight and admits tight end could be a landing spot in the future. He wants to OV at several big schools (including a couple he doesn’t have offers from in UGA and Oregon). Memphis is currently the school on him the hardest.

-VQ

Top 5 right now is Alabama, Miami, Arkansas, Georgia and Clemson. Named Alabama as his leader

Planning to camp there next month..

Top 5 right now is Alabama, Miami, Arkansas, Georgia and Clemson. Named Alabama as his leader

Planning to camp there next month..
No surprise here. Turner, like Lawrence and perhaps Grimes, isn't too jazzed about playing for the Vols. We have to start winning games to start winning recruits like him. BTW, good luck to him getting to Alabama as a receiver in this class. Unless he's willing to sign with them as a safety, he's going someplace else. After taking Thieu-Jones' pledge, Alabama has four outstanding commits at receiver now.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
No surprise here. Turner, like Lawrence and perhaps Grimes, isn't too jazzed about playing for the Vols. We have to start winning games to start winning recruits like him. BTW, good luck to him getting to Alabama as a receiver in this class. Unless he's willing to sign with them as a safety, he's going someplace else. After taking Thieu-Jones' pledge, Alabama has four outstanding commits at receiver now.
Pretty sure Lawrence wants to play here... and grimes as well... I have no idea what you are talking about

From a poster (memphismitch) on VQ

My team did a 7 on 7 with his team. Let’s just say he’s definitely not going to be a SEC WR. I thought he’d be a lot more dominant with his size. Just not very explosive.
& I’ll be the first to eat crow, because I had said before I thought he’d be a great get for UT at WR in the past. Either our sophomore 5’10 DB is going to be big time (which he could be) or Turner isn’t all that at WR.
If he can get a little more explosive & use his size a bit better on jump balls, I think he could be a good SEC WR. I just don’t know if I can see that happening after he got locked up by two DB’s (5’10 & 5’7) that are 5 inches or more shorter than him.

VN Store

Back