'20 TN WR Darin Turner (Arkansas committ)

maxresdefault.jpg

Darin Turner

6'3" 185lbs., WR, high school freshman,
Memphis Central High School, Memphis, TN,
Class of 2020

Scout

Hudl

Max Preps

Youth1

UT has offered along with Ole Miss & Memphis at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memphis, Tenn. (Central High School) class of 2020 wide receiver Darin Turner sticks out and schools are taking plenty of notice. Turner stands 6-3, 195 pounds and has offers from Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Louisville and is hearing from more schools daily. “It's a lot of them,” Turner said. “I don't really keep count, but I'm hearing from probably 8-10 schools. “They really like my work ethic and my height. They tell me they want me to be more consistent.”

“I like Auburn's education program. They have nice facilities. I have been around Tennessee my whole life. I have been up there several times,” Turner said. “I went to LSU and Mississippi State for junior day.”

“Coming out of middle school I never dreamed I would have this many offers this early,” Turner said. “I think they like everything about my game. I have speed and agility. I have height and I can catch. I'm also good in the classroom. “I really play outside receiver, but I can play in the slot, but coaches like me on the outside because of my speed.”

With the summer camp season approaching, schools are working to get Turner on campus. The receiver isn't sure how many places he will see, but he knows of a few at this point. “I'm going to see Auburn. I want to see Clemson and I think I'm going back to Tennessee. I have been talking to coach Wells. Tennessee was the first school to offer me,” Turner offered.

-VQ

Looking at his film his QB can throw it deep with no effort at all, he might be somebody to look at too.

I said this in another thread but it sure does seem like everyday I see a new stud recruit from Tennessee in the 2019 and 2020 classes.

The state of Tennessee is turning into a football factory.

Reactions: LittleVol
Rivals 3 Stripe Camp St. Louis: Top underclassmen

Recruiting Wrap: Auburn, Clemson, LSU and Tennessee are just some of the schools that have offered Turner, a 2020 wide receiver.

Performance: He is young, still a freshman in high school, but he was one of the top five wide receivers Sunday. He has great size and length, but his quickness and ability to move in space stood out. He has a nice burst and he is only going to get bigger and better in the coming years.

Reactions: 3 people
Updated links since ones in OP unavailable:

RIVALS

[twitter]https://twitter.com/ryancallahan247/status/957337770913091585[/twitter]

Anyone able to share the article?

Reactions: Mick
former tennessee coach butch jones’ staff gave darin turner his first scholarship offer nearly 18 months ago, before the start of his freshman year of high school. The vols’ new staff didn’t wait long to pick up where the previous staff left off. The four-star sophomore wide receiver from central high school in memphis, tenn., said new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt already has reached out to him to reiterate that he still has an offer from the vols, and they’re one of five teams standing out to him.

“i mean, they treat you well down there. They treat you like family. They treat you like you belong,” said turner, who’s ranked by 247sports as the nation’s no. 24 overall prospect and no. 8 wide receiver in the 2020 class and the no. 1 sophomore from the state of tennessee.

“they’ve got a good academic system. That’s really what i’m heading for, the academics. But if they’ve got a good football team, too, i mean, that’s a win-win.” “i’m trying to get down there this summer,” turner said. “i’m trying to do all my visits during the summer. “i want to get down to oregon. I want to get down to tennessee. I want to get back down to auburn. And the rest of them, i don’t know right now.”

it’s still early in the recruiting process for turner, but he said he could envision himself deciding on a college around “the middle of my 11th-grade year.”

“i’m going to see how many more offers come in, do some more research,” he said. “i don’t just want to stick with one school, then do some research and (say), ‘i don’t like this about the school,’ then have to (decommit) and all that.”

Thanks RS.

Kid sounds very mature.

Love that we’re making Memphis area a priority.

Reactions: Remy
Thanks RS.

Kid sounds very mature.

Love that we’re making Memphis area a priority.

Without actually looking back at the rankings, it also seems like there are more quality players coming out of Memphis in the '19 and '20 classes than there have been in the last couple of cycles.

Turner is another west Tennessee product the Vols covet. LSU got an early commitment from the 6-3, 195 wide receiver. But everyone is still coming after the Top 100 player. And that includes Jeremy Pruitt and David Johnson. Turner had a huge junior year and saw his ranking jump from 180 nationally in August to 85 earlier this month.
-VQ

VN Store

Back