'20 TN WR Darin Turner (Arkansas committ)

Arik Gilbert and Blayne Toll are just two of the names at TE they're pursuing, but there are others, too.
Oh!, I know that; Washington from Vegas to potentially play TE, as well. Totally agree we are recruiting TE's this cycle.

Still not understanding why TE's were brought in Turner's thread, while talking about WR's.🤔
Know what I mean?

They're recruiting them as ATHs....

First, you’re talking out your ass. We’ve offered several TE’s including Gilbert, Toll, Yary, and the kid out in Washington we’ve been trying to get on campus - Rogers I think. We’re almost certainly taking at least one TE this class.

Secondly, that has absolutely nothing to do with Turner - who’s thread this is.

They're recruiting them as ATHs....
Not with Gilbert. He said himself he likes to score. I linked an interview with Gilbert and UGA's Jeff Sentell. Check my post history for the link. It's well worth the listen. First 5m are Arik talking.

Reactions: LittleVol
Yes, he's a WR all the way! Plays 7on7 J3M team that Josh Malone sponsors. A very reserved and introverted kid from my observation.

Last edited:
First, you’re talking out your ass. We’ve offered several TE’s including Gilbert, Toll, Yary, and the kid out in Washington we’ve been trying to get on campus - Rogers I think. We’re almost certainly taking at least one TE this class.

Secondly, that has absolutely nothing to do with Turner - who’s thread this is.

Okay. You're correct about us recruiting TEs.

But Turner is a TE.

I said the same thing about Jason Croom coming out of Norcross, and people swore up and down I was silly for saying that.

It's not just height and weight you factor in. Plenty of 6'4 220 lbs guys play WR these days. Turner does not move like those guys....
He's a average size pass-catching TE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10nacvols
Okay. You're about us recruiting TEs.

But Turner is a TE.

I said the same thing about Jason Croom coming out of Norcross, and people swore up and down I was silly for saying that.

It's not just height and weight you factor in. Plenty of 6'4 220 lbs guys play WR these days. Turner does not move like those guys....
He's a average size pass-catching TE.

You are the only one who currently says Turner is a TE.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
You are the only one who currently says Turner is a TE.
And It was the same with way with Croom.

I've actually been paid to evaluate players before. To give my opinion. It's not some extreme trade to learn. How many times have you agreed with a coach's opinion of a players talent? Many many times I imagine. So more than likely you and many others on here have some level of ability to evaluate a player. Not expert, but you can tell when a player is talented??

So I can be the only one. It only takes one person to be right anyway.

VN Store

Back