'20 TN WR Darin Turner (Arkansas committ)

SIAP, but the VQ Podcast said on Friday that it seems like "most SEC schools have moved on" from him, and he also hasn't been visiting anywhere. Until this weekend it looks like. They said he could still end up in the SEC, but (these are my words, not theirs) it doesn't look like it'll be a big-time SEC program.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
SIAP, but the VQ Podcast said on Friday that it seems like "most SEC schools have moved on" from him, and he also hasn't been visiting anywhere. Until this weekend it looks like. They said he could still end up in the SEC, but (these are my words, not theirs) it doesn't look like it'll be a big-time SEC program.
The VQ guys also said Arky may take him just because they are after so many other Memphis recruits. Maybe some Memphis peer recruiting.

The VQ guys also said Arky may take him just because they are after so many other Memphis recruits. Maybe some Memphis peer recruiting.

I hope that Arkansas continues to recruit like this. Take pieces parts that have been overrated by the recruiting services but don't fit the profile other SEC teams are looking for. It keeps a portion of the fan base thinking you aren't that far away but hardly improves your on field performance

I hope that Arkansas continues to recruit like this. Take pieces parts that have been overrated by the recruiting services but don't fit the profile other SEC teams are looking for. It keeps a portion of the fan base thinking you aren't that far away but hardly improves your on field performance

Butch Jonesing?

I.e intern jones recruiting 101

Who else does that sound like from the past several years?

The past few years with Bielema players we've looked like we haven't even had players Sun Belt teams are looking for. Can't really be picky when you're coming off of 2-10.

We'll see if it translates to the field but I still think Morris is recruiting better than we've had in a while. We'll have a tall group of receivers at least lol. At this point I would take a 7-6 or 9-4 Butch Jones season.

The past few years with Bielema players we've looked like we haven't even had players Sun Belt teams are looking for. Can't really be picky when you're coming off of 2-10.

We'll see if it translates to the field but I still think Morris is recruiting better than we've had in a while. We'll have a tall group of receivers at least lol. At this point I would take a 7-6 or 9-4 Butch Jones season.

So would I. That means you’ve ruined someone’s day out in the West. Hopefully it’s ATM.

Bunch of CBs to Ark. I know we're not in on this kid but Ark and aTm are making it hard on us to recruit Memphis.

Reactions: gunner
Bunch of CBs to Ark. I know we're not in on this kid but Ark and aTm are making it hard on us to recruit Memphis.
That's your take from Arkansas taking a player that we weren't recruiting, that they're making it hard on us. Holy Cow.

That's your take from Arkansas taking a player that we weren't recruiting, that they're making it hard on us. Holy Cow.
Yes, that's my take. Guys in Memphis are tight for the most part. Every single one of them that we're in on has a friend on or is being recruited by that team hard. Maybe use a little logical reasoning before popping off next time.

Reactions: AD905
Yes, that's my take. Guys in Memphis are tight for the most part. Every single one of them that we're in on has a friend on or is being recruited by that team hard. Maybe use a little logical reasoning before popping off next time.
My logical reasoning says you're way overhyping a guy no one in the SEC wanted but Arkansas.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
You need to calm down, mmmmkay

My logical reasoning says you're way overhyping a guy no one in the SEC wanted but Arkansas.
Yeah, I hyped him up big time as is apparent by what I posted.... You might want do a little catching up an who Ark and aTm (the team you conveniently glossed over in my OP) are recruiting hard in comparison to who we're recruiting hard. You just might find a few common themes in those guys if you weren't to busy tripping over yourself trying to be cute.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hyped him up big time as is apparent by what I posted.... You might want do a little catching up an who Ark and aTm (the team you conveniently glossed over in my OP) are recruiting hard in comparison to who we're recruiting hard. You just might find a few common themes in those guys if you weren't to busy tripping over yourself trying to be cute.
I didn't ignore TX A&M. I even agree with you about them, they are making it difficult for us. But Arkansas taking a recruit no one else in the SEC wanted has any affect on who we sign.

Reactions: LittleVol
I didn't ignore TX A&M. I even agree with you about them, they are making it difficult for us. But Arkansas taking a recruit no one else in the SEC wanted has any affect on who we sign.
It does regardless if you want to believe it or not. The whole "no one else in the SEC want" mess is just that and is just something cute to say. Eason is friends with both Frenchy, who he plays with now and Turner. Did I mention that we want Eason? They are also trying to flip Mcdonald who is also friends and team mates with Eason and Frenchy.

So what I said about making it hard on us stands..

Looks like I was right, not a big-time SEC program.

Committed to Arkansas.

VN Store

Back