'22 TN WR Cameron Miller (Tennessee signee)

we need to stay a player in Memphis, if not just for the sake of keeping every other SEC team out...good players still come out of Memphis...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Cameron Miller is a name that could join the club down the road as the 2022 prospect visited Rocky Top for the third time on Saturday. “It was an amazing feeling today,” Miller said walking out of Tennessee’s final January Junior Day. “I really enjoyed seeing the campus and getting familiar with everything again.” “I got to talk to the coaches and hear them break down what all they do,” Miller said. “They said they love recruiting kids out of Tennessee. I liked the way they went about themselves – being all about the kids. “
The Memphis Academy standout has seven offers thus far and has been busy the past few weeks making stops at Alabama and Memphis. He saw Mississippi State and Arkansas back in the fall. “I know Eric Gray. We go way back,” Miller said. “I used to play ball with him and work out with them dating back to middle school. “He’s talking Tennessee up to me. I saw him today.” “It’s been a fun day,” Miller said of his visit. “I like the coaches down here. I plan on being back for a spring practice.”
-VQ

Tennessee has been on an unprecedented recruiting run over the last few weeks to the point that it feels like the direction of the program has fundamentally shifted. Miller (6-foot-2, 185 pounds) plays at tiny Memphis Academy and probably isn’t as well known as he would be at this stage of his career due to the absence of camp season and the restriction on recruiting. “I talk to Tennessee every week, I just talked to coach (Tee) Martin today,” Miller said. “I speak with him and Coach Pruitt every week.”
“I think that Coach Martin is good at what he does, you can tell that he knows a lot about the position and what it takes to get guys better and be successful,” Miller said. “I really don’t have a preference for offense or defense, I play both ways in high school and I like both of them." “I was up there for one of their junior days in the winter and I really liked it, everything, the facilities and all that were really nice,” he said. “That was the second time that I’d been there but I got to see a lot more that time, get a better feel for things and spend more time with the coaches.”
“It’s important for me to find a place where I really trust the coaches, where I feel like they care about me on and off the field,” he said. “That’s my top priority, to find a place where I feel like the coaches have my best interest at heart and are going to take care of me.” At this early stage of his recruitment Miller said that he’s hearing most consistently from Tennessee, Alabama and hometown Memphis.
-VQ

FOUR-STAR WR CAMERON MILLER

Miller, a junior at Memphis (Tenn.) Academy of Health Sciences, said Tennessee wide receivers coach Tee Martin "was the first coach to text me last night at 12:00."

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Miller said he later heard from Pruitt and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney.

"Tee Martin told me, 'Let's get it and let's make history at Rocky Top," Miller said.

He said Auburn, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Florida State also were among the first schools to contact him.

The Vols gave Miller his first Power Five scholarship offer a little more than a year ago, in late August 2019, and he recently told GoVols247 that they have continued to make him as much of a priority as anyone going into his junior season.

Miller is ranked the No. 312 overall prospect and No. 44 wide receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 11 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

- Callahan

Cameron Miller: “I think it’s another big thing for the program from what this head coach can bring. He comes from winning programs. I think he will bring one here to Tennessee. I think it’s good.

I think his offense is a good fit for me. That’s the type of offense I like - up tempo and quick. It tries to get receivers out in space. I think it will be good for Tennessee.
-VQ

Florida Gators offered on Jan 5, 2021
That's huge. They rarely come up to Tennessee for players.

Call with Heupel
“It was a god conversation and I really can tell he cares about us in-state kids already,” Miller told Volquest. “As soon as he pretty much got here, he gave most of us a call. That’s special for him to do and a good way to start off his program here – good way to start the rebuild.”

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound wide receiver released his top-six a few weeks ago that included the home state Volunteers along with Alabama, Oregon, Florida, Ole Miss and Memphis.

“He was just introducing himself and checking in with me. He also told me what he plans to bring to Tennessee offensively,” the four-star said. “He likes to run up-tempo and score a lot of points. It was good to hear his plan for that.

“He was saying all this and then explaining how special it would be for us Tennessee kids to come to Knoxville and join him.”

“We were talking it up about a lot of things,” Miller said. “And then he asked about my family and how they were doing. It was good to hear he was asking about those types of things. It really shows he cares.”

The 13th-ranked prospect out of Tennessee has been studying Heupel at his prior stops in Orlando, at Missouri, Oklahoma and others. Miller likes the fact that he’s coached at Neyland Stadium before, too.

“He’s come to Tennessee and coached in some pretty big games before,” the Vol target said. “He puts up points and he will bring that with him to Tennessee.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back