'22 TN WR Cameron Miller (Tennessee signee)

We will be at 3 4* and 8 3* after this with a few more 4*s in great position and a couple of our 3*s likely to become 4s. For all the doom and gloom this class is looking pretty damn solid!

3 4* on what ranking? 247 we have currently have 1 and Miller would be 2

If it wasn't already apparent that Tennessee had emerged as one of the teams in the best shape with Miller, his trip to Knoxville a little more than two weeks ago solidified the Vols' standing as the likely front-runner for him as he moved toward a possible summer decision.

With the rising senior now set to reveal his choice, all signs still are pointing to Tennessee being the school most likely to land him when he makes his decision public. First-year Vols coach Josh Heupel's staff has made him a priority over the past five-plus months, with running backs coach Jerry Mack — a Memphis native who has known Miller's father for years — serving as his primary recruiter for Tennessee.

Miller didn't name a formal group of finalists in his tweet Sunday afternoon. But he announced a top six in early January that consisted of Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Oregon and Memphis. He has received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools, including the six favorites he named earlier this year, along with Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech.

Tennessee's former staff gave him his second offer in late August 2019, during the opening weeks of his sophomore season, after he picked up his first offer in June 2019 from Memphis — where his father, Cedric Miller, played linebacker from 1993-97.

The hometown Tigers have continued to push for the younger Miller, given his family ties and proximity to the program. But Alabama has been the Vols' main competition for him in recent months, and Miller wasn't able to participate in one of the Crimson Tide's camps last month because of a hamstring injury.

The timing of that injury might have worked out in Tennessee's favor. The Vols' persistent pursuit of Miller resulted in them hosting him on a pair of visits last month, and sources believe they remain in good shape with him leading up to Monday's announcement.
-Callahan

Why does 247 hate Cam Miller?

It’s always alarming to me when their ranking is so much lower than the composite

“I think just taking that official visit, of course, it just changed a lot in my eyes from the last time I’d been up there visit-wise to now,” Miller told GoVols247 before publicly revealing his decision. “This was totally different, with the coaching staff and just being around the players and the things that they had to offer up there. That’s what really changed a lot.”

Miller said first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff “really made me a priority, being in-state, and also just being a receiver.” Miller said the Vols’ new coaches ultimately caused him to view the program differently and “made me lean” toward Tennessee.

“I think it was a big change in the coaching staff,” said Miller, who’s ranked the No. 355 overall prospect and No. 52 wide receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 14 rising senior from Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I think I was leaning somewhere else before. But when Coach Heupel and them got on staff and were able to start recruiting me, I think that changed a lot of the decision for me since they’ve been up there. That’s what kind of made me lean from one way to back up there in Knoxville.”

VN Store

Back