‘23 TN WR Ayden Greene (Virginia Tech commit)

Tennessee is one of several schools he plans to visit during the month of June. He said he also plans to attend a camp Tuesday at Memphis before visiting the Vols three days later, and he's scheduled to travel to Michigan on June 6. He also intends to participate in camps at Eastern Kentucky on June 11, Vanderbilt on June 12, Auburn on June 14 and Virginia on June 21.
After learning of his offer from Tennessee in March, Greene said the Vols “will be a factor” in his recruitment, although he's not rushing to decide on a college.

“Tennessee has always been in my life,” he said at the time. “I grew up here. My family lives here. They’ve always wanted me to stay close to home. One of my brothers went to UT for school, so it means a lot to me and my family. UT is a good school overall — good academics, the facilities are really nice, and it is a good campus.”

He hasn’t talked with Tennessee’s staff much to this point, at least in part because college coaches aren’t allowed to directly contact Class of 2023 prospects until Sept. 1. But he likes what he has seen and heard from the Vols so far under first-year coach Josh Heupel’s staff.

“It’s a great coaching staff,” Greene told GoVols247 after attending Tennessee's spring game last month. “I believe they’ll do great things at UT.”
Last month, he said he had heard that Tennessee planned to throw the ball more under Heupel, who was hired in late January to replace former coach Jeremy Pruitt. But Greene still was pleasantly surprised by how much the Vols relied on their passing game during last month’s spring game.

“I had heard their new offense has a lot of passing involved, but I wasn’t too sure,” he said at the time. “And to see them throwing the ball that much was a surprise.”
-Callahan

Ayden Greene was one of the more impressive guys in camp tonight. Even with a banged up ankle, the Powell Panther ran crisp routes and made several athletic plays high-pointing the football. His long strides allow him to run past DBs with ease. Greene excels down the field, stretching the defense. He has really good hands and hauls in most things close to him. He’ll also camp with Vanderbilt, Auburn, Virginia and EKU. He’ll check out Georgia and Michigan as well.

vq

Historically, there aren't many great football recruits that come from East TN. Tee Higgins and Amari Rodgers being the exceptions recently. Like I said, he's young. So, maybe he'll explode on the scene here soon. Just not someone I'd get excited about, but again as I said...we can't be picky probably for the next 4-5 years. Take what you can get.

You and big newt drinking buddies? Cade Mayes said hello.

Didn't you just recently (like, within the last week) say we don't currently have a shot at any of the Powell kids? That was a quick change of direction.

Greene - UT leads right now
Ardarius - No shot. Wants to get out of TN
Tommy Winton - UT, if he is a take (not a Powell kid, but my little brother was on facetime with him last night)
Walter Nolen - no shot as of now

Greene - UT leads right now
Ardarius - No shot. Wants to get out of TN
Tommy Winton - UT, if he is a take (not a Powell kid, but my little brother was on facetime with him last night)
Walter Nolen - no shot as of now
Heard the same on Adarius, will be a tough get.

Take Greene all day over Adarius. Also no way TW isn't a take. Kid is a stud.
Imo Foust is the best natural football player at Powell

Reactions: Bigbuckvol

VN Store

Back