‘23 TN WR Ayden Greene (Virginia Tech commit)

Powell has the talent to be special on offense the next few years. I hope they get the structure and discipline to take advantage of it.

Not sold on this one, but he is young. Not like we can be picky with our recruits for awhile any way. Hope he pans out.

What are you questioning? Offer list? He’s a ‘23 recruit.

Historically, there aren't many great football recruits that come from East TN. Tee Higgins and Amari Rodgers being the exceptions recently. Like I said, he's young. So, maybe he'll explode on the scene here soon. Just not someone I'd get excited about, but again as I said...we can't be picky probably for the next 4-5 years. Take what you can get.

“I had been getting hints from my coaches and UT coaches following me, but I never knew it would happen this soon,” said Greene, who also holds early offers from Marshall, Tulane and Eastern Kentucky.

“I feel awesome right now, but I know I’ve got to keep my head tight and keep working and sticking to the plan.”

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Greene said he learned of the offer Thursday morning during a conversation with new Tennessee wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. Greene said Burns “asked me a few questions about personal things and told me he sees potential in me.”

“He also told me to keep working (and that) there is more to come,” Greene added.

Greene has grown up in the Vols’ backyard. His school is less than 12 miles from Tennessee’s campus, and his brother is a UT graduate. The idea of playing there is appealing to him for multiple reasons, but he said he’s still keeping an open mind about the recruiting process.

“Tennessee has always been in my life,” he said. “I grew up here. My family lives here. They’ve always wanted me to stay close to home. One of my brothers went to UT for school, so it means a lot to me and my family. UT is a good school overall — good academics, the facilities are really nice, and it is a good campus.”

“There will be more (offers) to come. I am still young. I have a few years to look into things and decide. But UT will definitely be a factor.”
While he’s still getting familiar with new Vols head coach Josh Heupel’s staff, he said he likes what he has heard so far about the direction of the program following Heupel’s hiring less than two months ago.

“Coach Burns was giving me a rundown on some new changes at UT, and I believe they can be a good program — not that they aren’t already,” Greene said. “We will see as time goes on.”
-Callahan

Watched him play multiple times last season and he was the best athlete on the field each game. He is far from a finished product . Im glad Tennessee jumped in on these Powell kids early. They are promising as prospects. Seems like I recall a hugh defenseive lineman for Powell who may have been a freshman last season

VN Store

Back