'21 TN WR Adonai Mitchell (Georgia commit)

After receiving an offer from Tennessee over the weekend, wide receiver Adonai Mitchell made the trip to Knoxville on Monday to visit Tennessee.

"It's always fun visiting," Mitchell said. "I talked to Tee Martin more and had the chance to meet and talk with Coach Pruitt. He told me a couple of the things that I need like my 40 time and my transcript. I also got the chance to talk with he medical guys because I'm a diabetic and I really feel like I would have it under control with them."

He has enjoyed getting to know wide receivers coach Tee Martin. The Vols are hoping to land several receivers in the 2020 class and Martin is well known for developing wide receivers.

"He's someone I can look up too," Mitchell said. "He's puts guys in the league. He develops guys like Nelson Agholor who was a running back and then made him a top draft pick at wide receiver. He's a Tennessee guy who was on the national championship team. He just produces guys. He's helped eight receivers in the league. He's awesome and I like that dude a lot."

Mitchell camped at Tennessee last week, but wasn't able to run due to a hip flexor. They liked what they saw enough to offer, but Tennessee's staff wants to see him come back and run for them to get a good feel for that aspect of his game.

"I'm probably going to come back up in a week or so and run," Mitchell said. "For them to show interest is big to me. I want to come back up and show them what I can do."

Mitchell is in the process of moving from Texas to Nashville where he will play for Cane Ridge this fall. He looks forward to trying to help the Ravens win a gold ball.

"Honestly it's my senior year so it's my final ride and I'm trying to take it to state," Mitchell said. "I think Quenton (Barnes) and I are going to be a deadly duo. Our quarterback has a cannon. Teams will start off the year trying to double Quenton and it will open things up."

So what does Mitchell bring to the table?

"I think it's run after the catch," Mitchell said. "If you give me the ball in space and where I can move, I'm going to make things happen. Tennessee tells me they like my explosiveness and my route running."
-VQ

I wanted to kind of scoff at the notion that some unranked kid from Texas was automatically just going to be easily the best skill position player in the state. But then I realized all that means is he's better than Darrin Turner and Elijah Young. Not so far fetched.

What does Buck do now and how would he know about this kid when it doesn't look like many others do?

Trust the evaluations!! I've seen this kid a few times this summer, I had no clue how he was but came away very impressed. Needs to work on his route running but the dude is an absolute beast when the balls in the air, he knows how to go it!!! He'll be a 4 star by the end of the season.

Reactions: FïreBall and T Dog
Is he for sure a '20 kid because Rivals has him as a '21

He's a 20 kid transferring from Tx. Kid was a part of our NPA Tx group and will now be a part of NPA TN. Has a very high ceiling and is very smooth. Hew can run routes but is raw and comes out of his breaks like a true athletic WR freak. If you ever see him go up and high point a ball you'll be in total amazement. He will be a stud for CR.

I wanted to kind of scoff at the notion that some unranked kid from Texas was automatically just going to be easily the best skill position player in the state. But then I realized all that means is he's better than Darrin Turner and Elijah Young. Not so far fetched.

What does Buck do now and how would he know about this kid when it doesn't look like many others do?
He didn't camp while living in TX. He was a part of our NPA Tx group and now since moving here to Antioch he will be with our local NPA TN group.

Wasn’t this kid supposed to come back to campus and run? Anyone know if he ever made it back?

He’ll be a 4 star by then with as much time as he’ll have to showcase his talent. Kids gonna be good.

Thanks. Guess he started high school early. Still sounds weird means he won’t be able to play after this year since he will technically be a senior this year right? Or is he not going to be playing this year?
He should have two years to play with the change.. One thing is certain.. Cane Ridge will have one helluva passing game the next two years with him and Quenton Barnes who's also a 2021 instate

He should have two years to play with the change.. One thing is certain.. Cane Ridge will have one helluva passing game the next two years with him and Quenton Barnes who's also a 2021 instate

With a pretty good 2021 Quarterback too!

VN Store

Back