'21 TN WR Adonai Mitchell (Georgia commit)

He's dynamic and smooth but run with deceptive speed. The 1st moment I saw him in Tx he blew me away. He was only a 9th grader but was destroying Dbs with Power 5 offers. Needed a lil change so we got him to TN and he really has shown elite skills.

Huge news. He's easily going to be one of the Top 5 prospects in-state next year. Borderline National Top 100 type kid for sure.

Interesting. I thought I had heard it was more likely he'd stick in the '21 class. As the OP asked is he a blueshirt candidate in '20?

The process is finicky and Tx credits vs TN credits and so on. But i think it will all work out here shortly but a sof today 2020 is the class he's anticipating being in.

@de1conley what is the word on where UT stands with Quenton Barnes and Tray Curry? Between the two of them and Walker Merrill the Vols could build the WR class primarily instate.

Q is all UF right now, Merrill is open and enjoying the recruiting process. I don’t know Tray but would love to see him in action. But Adonai is one of the most physical gifted athletes I’ve ever seen. He makes the best athletes look average. I’m just not sure if WR is his best position. Cane Ridge has 3 really good receivers in Q, Adonai and a kid name Tyroid Good. Tyroid is a 2021 NPA kid he has no offers yet but he leads Cane Ridge I’m catches, TD and yards. He’ll blow up soon but he’s not very big.

The process is finicky and Tx credits vs TN credits and so on. But i think it will all work out here shortly but a sof today 2020 is the class he's anticipating being in.

Nice. Thanks. He'd be a huge pull. I'd prefer to get him in the fold early (C/O 2020) before all the elites try and get involved. Kid is a freak athlete.

I’m not really seeing this eye popping athlete that everyone else seems to be. I see really good hands to snatch the ball out of the air though. He looks more like a possession guy on first minute or so of those highlights. Hope y’all are right if we get him that he is a great athlete

Reactions: LittleVol
He’d be a good take. Reminds me A LOT of Marquez Callaway. Probably not as good of an athlete as Callaway but he’ll only get better

I’m not really seeing this eye popping athlete that everyone else seems to be. I see really good hands to snatch the ball out of the air though. He looks more like a possession guy on first minute or so of those highlights. Hope y’all are right if we get him that he is a great athlete

He's not a blazer, but he has oustanding body control and feet. Great vertical and field awareness. And he's got good speed
His ability to adjust to bad throws are exceptional. Strong hands and just a smooth runner. He's a take all day

Reactions: de1conley
@de1conley what is the word on where UT stands with Quenton Barnes and Tray Curry? Between the two of them and Walker Merrill the Vols could build the WR class primarily instate.

Q is in love with UF and Tray I've been told love the Vols. Walker is wide open and just going with the flow. Walker can be a very special asset to someone as I've never seen a jid work as hard as he does. Walker is aleays first person present and last to leave. He even does extra work after NPA with Coach Ballhawk to learn the mentality of Dbs. He is a very cerebral kid who always finds the right spot to be in to mk a play when you need him to.

Q is in love with UF and Tray I've been told love the Vols. Walker is wide open and just going with the flow. Walker can be a very special asset to someone as I've never seen a jid work as hard as he does. Walker is aleays first person present and last to leave. He even does extra work after NPA with Coach Ballhawk to learn the mentality of Dbs. He is a very cerebral kid who always finds the right spot to be in to mk a play when you need him to.

Thanks for the response @de1conley . Walker looks like the consummate route runner and a heady player. Would love to have him in the slot.

You think Curry is a WR in college or does he outgrow?

He's not a blazer, but he has oustanding body control and feet. Great vertical and field awareness. And he's got good speed
His ability to adjust to bad throws are exceptional. Strong hands and just a smooth runner. He's a take all day

Nice I can see this. He does look like one of those that can get the 50/50 ball. There is a place for all types of WRs. At the end of the day I trust Pruitt staff Evals as I’m not really sure we have seen them really have a bust outside of JJ Peterson but his injuries and delayed enrollment have been factors there. Savion May fall in bust category but too early to tell with his limited chances. This staff seems to be able to identify talent well find a way to get something out of most everyone.

Reactions: LittleVol

Does Q realize he will have to make out with Mrs Mullen before every game. Enough of a reason not to go play for those wierdos. If it was Layla Kiffin then thats a different story. 😂🤣

He's a low 4.4 guy. I saw this with my own eyes, this is with a bad stance and take off.

VN Store

Back