'21 TN WR Adonai Mitchell (Georgia commit)

True we’re losing some but remember we also took a transfer WR from App State this year. He’s a walk on, but earned a scholly at App State and if you look at his film - he’s got talent. He’s from Knoxville so came here to be closer to home. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him be a contributor.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
True we’re losing some but remember we also took a transfer WR from App State this year. He’s a walk on, but earned a scholly at App State and if you look at his film - he’s got talent. He’s from Knoxville so came here to be closer to home. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him be a contributor.

Thanks dad.

Love, Braden. ❤️

😂😂😂

Reactions: ChiTownVol
I posted an update on my Tennessee Recruiting IG Page that he reclassified and he followed back. Every recruit that’s followed me back either signed with us or committed except 1 (Kourt Williams) so take that FWIW.

Basically what I’m saying is I’m pretty sure he’ll be in this class.

EDIT. The official Tennessee football page also follows him.

One thing I did notice was his ability to read zone coverages really well and sit in the the open space given by the defense. Looked like he broke a few routes off and burned the defense for it.

this is the answer to the question from him during last nights interview. I will post the full interview later on but wanted to share this section. He also told me on Thursday night that he was 2020. I’ll take his word over Price’s in this situation.

This kid is very well spoken, especially for how young he is. Really hope the Vols sign him.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He wants to reclassify, but will have to be ruled academically eligible. UT asked for transcripts when he transferred to make sure he'll meet the NCAA eligibility requirements for the 2020 class. It can get convoluted with time restrictions on the core GPA. A SA has to complete 10/16 core courses before the 7th semester, tracking toward at least a 2.3 core GPA at graduation.

Adonai Mitchell has a 37-inch vertical and explosiveness that draws the attention of college coaches. Tee Martin was quick to observe on Tennessee’s behalf. “He likes that I’m not just a possession receiver, rather, that I can catch the ball in space and make some people miss,” Mitchell said of the UT assistant head coach. “He also likes my route running, but overall, he likes what I do with the ball in my hands.” The three-star 2021 prospect relocated to the Nashville area over the summer and is playing for Cane Ridge High School this season. He stands in at 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds running routes from the outside or motioning from the slot for jet sweeps. Tennessee is one of four Southeastern Conference programs who are currently in on the former Texan – joining Kentucky, South Carolina and Missouri. LSU, Texas A&M, Virginia and Ohio State are also in the mix.
UT offered the receiver back in June following a camp workout, despite Mitchell being limited with a hip injury. “I wasn’t able to do a whole lot that day, but they liked what they saw in my shuttle time, vertical and a few drills,” Mitchell said. “Tee Martin is a cool dude. Every time we sit down and talk, I’m amazed at how much he knows about the game. “This dude could take me to a whole new level in my game.”
Mitchell was on campus for the Vols’ 20-10 victory over Mississippi State. “The stadium is so big, and the fans are so supportive. Standing on the field staring at 100 thousand screaming fans – you can’t get that just anywhere. It’s a beautiful environment and I think it would be a great place to play in.” Mitchell’s decision on where he wants to play at the next level won’t just be on the game day atmosphere. It’ll also come down to how comfortable he feels with the coaches and the trust in their development. “I’ll be handing over my talents to these coaches and I need someone who can teach me a whole new aspect of the game. I want to be better and I’ll need coaches to push me to be the very best,” Mitchell said. “But I need even more than that.” On the field, the playmaker will be looking to do just that – making plays. Off the field, Mitchell seeks a coaching staff that will be there for him throughout life’s hardships.
“I need a coach on and off the field. If I have a problem or am going through something, I want them to be people I can go to for advice and help without judgment. I want that type of bond off the field so they can help me be a better person.” The future college receiver has plenty of time to ‘interview’ his potential coaching staff over the offseason. He plans on returning to Rocky Top before the season concludes – but also wants to visit Virginia, Ohio State and Missouri in the coming months. Mitchell has already been on South Carolina’s campus this fall. He holds offers from at least five programs but is taking the process in stride. “I don’t want to get a big head and I try not to get caught up in all that. I really have to look at them to remember who all has offered,” Mitchell said. “At the end of the day, I’m only choosing one school on signing day. Only one is important.” Mitchell said he has no immediate plans on when he will announce his commitment, but he’s high on Tee Martin and Neyland Stadium. The Middle Tennessean said he’ll make the call when he feels the time is right.
-VQ

VN Store

Back