Tn Women In The National Finals

I don't really watch the women's basketball, but I am really looking forward to watch two games: NC game this year, and Pat Summitt's 1000-win game newt season. Hopefully it would be a home game.

I totally agree with your entire post. The thing that gets me though is when the women's fans say it is more fundamental and pure then the men's game when it is not.

Plus you have people like Mickey Dearstone who say Candace Parker could beat some NBA players one-on-one.
it's a bad comparison either way, and for those that are a proponent for the women's game do that game a disservice by making statements like that.

No knock on Parker, but I bet quite a few high school players could beat her.
again, who cares? different atheletes all together. why can't the women's game just stand on its own? in other words, if you are a women's bball fan, then i doubt you care very much about that, likewise, if you're a men's fan, then why waste the time making the comparison?

Of course. I played against many girls like Hornbuckle and and most of the one's from last year's team at the UT Rec center and we beat them every game we played them
then you should go try out for the women's team.

It sounds like Bruce has made an impact not just on the men's basketball team, but on men's basketball all over campus.

I personally think this thread was worth keeping on the main forum at least until the N/C game is over (especially when we're basically in between seasons. When the threads become pretty much redundant on the main forum especially.

it's a bad comparison either way, and for those that are a proponent for the women's game do that game a disservice by making statements like that.

again, who cares? different atheletes all together. why can't the women's game just stand on its own? in other words, if you are a women's bball fan, then i doubt you care very much about that, likewise, if you're a men's fan, then why waste the time making the comparison?

then you should go try out for the women's team.

I just called Pat but she is kinda busy right now. Thanks for the advice though, I really value your opinion.

I'm just saying that the quality of play in women's basketball is far less than that of men's bball which makes watching it less exciting...not saying theres anything wrong with that.

For those of you that don't know, and from the number of topics, you don't....The REAL Tennessee program, and not the wannabe, is playing for the National Title Tuesday night.:rock:

Can someone explain why there is no topic on the 1st page?

U
N
R
E
A
L
I sure feel humbled knowing that Gloria Steinem posts on the same board as myself...

Wasn't the final something like 47 to 45?

Weak.

...would you be more interested IF your gators were involved year in and year out competing for a NC in womens basketball? My guess is we would be reading your posts about the lovely lady gators all throughout the basketball season.

I have said it for a number of years, like him/her or not, if a game was being played tomorrow and my life was on the line I would love to have either Coach Summit or Coach Knight coaching my team, regardless of the sport. They are two of the most intense great coaches I have had the pleasure to observe. My guess is either could coach a team to a NC in swimming, cause both would dive in the pool and almost drown you if that's what it took to improve your stroke.

Women's basketball was a staple at UT only because it filled the football offseason while our Men's program consistently floundered. Now, we not only have a men's program, we also have access to plenty of cable television programming. Thus making the LadyVols pretty irrelevant.

Women's basketball was a staple at UT only because it filled the football offseason while our Men's program consistently floundered. Now, we not only have a men's program, we also have access to plenty of cable television programming. Thus making the LadyVols pretty irrelevant.
not irrelevant to me.

I doubt it was ever a staple or crushed TV ratings. It has a niche among UT fans. UT Men's success or lack thereof I would say is irrelevant to UT Women's success. It has a fan base and among that fan base are people that are capable of consuming more than 1 UT sport.

I doubt it was ever a staple or crushed TV ratings. It has a niche among UT fans. UT Men's success or lack thereof I would say is irrelevant to UT Women's success. It has a fan base and among that fan base are people that are capable of consuming more than 1 UT sport.
:thumbsup:good stuff

Does anyone remember how long the men went without scoring, or how many mistakes they made in their sweet 16 game? I seem to have forgotten. Maybe I went out to swing from the trees or something.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Cincy, feel free to start a new thread when you add a group of pics. People may not see the posts that get buried in another thread.

:hi:

Thanks for the great pics. The first two rival some of the men's shots I've seen. Of course, these are from the final four so that makes them even more impressive.

yeah,
dismissing what CPS has done at UT is STUPID
The women's program is incredible and people around the country recognize it as the best in the game bar none.
It amazes me that any true UT Fan would not whole heartedly support or want the ladies to do well.

Anyone that would trade 7 NATIONAL TITLES for 1 for the guys is nuts. Pat is worth every penny and pray she sticks around for another 10 + years and wins more titles.
that being said i dont think the ladies will win tonight but I will be watching and rooting them on.

JZvol...you have an opinion....lol

Summitt is all that UT has.....Pearl, I hope will be there some day...Fulmer is just drawing a check...

yeah,
dismissing what CPS has done at UT is STUPID
The women's program is incredible and people around the country recognize it as the best in the game bar none.
It amazes me that any true UT Fan would not whole heartedly support or want the ladies to do well.

Anyone that would trade 7 NATIONAL TITLES for 1 for the guys is nuts. Pat is worth every penny and pray she sticks around for another 10 + years and wins more titles.
that being said i dont think the ladies will win tonight but I will be watching and rooting them on.

If the women do lose...I would have rather seen them lose Sunday night against LSU then to lose in the NC.

VN Store

Back