'22 TN TE Jackson Long (Tulane commit)

I think him being in a wing T offense really hurt because he is a really good receiving TE. You could argue that if he wasn't at Beech, we would have ben going hard after him to pair with Foley.

In my opinion, most coaches running high school wing T are selfish. They care more about winning than preparing their players for colleges. It works like a charm in high school, but it covers up guys like Long that would be getting so much attention otherwise. At least there is 7 on 7 for guys to turn to. I get running wing T if you have a small team that is undersized tho. I remember watching Rhea County and they had this really good WR but he was never used except for a couple deep shots and they lost the big games because arguably their best player was not being used
I understand what you're saying, but this kid did camp a lot and the major schools backed way off for some reason.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
AP really talked this kid up a lot a few months ago as if TN could miss out if they dont get on him early only for him to end up at Tulane.

Reactions: StoVol
AP really talked this kid up a lot a few months ago as if TN could miss out if they dont get on him early only for him to end up at Tulane.
I like AP in many ways, but he certainly advocates for kids he has connections to, and it can sometimes distort how good a prospect is, how much Tennessee wanted them, etc.

I think him being in a wing T offense really hurt because he is a really good receiving TE. You could argue that if he wasn't at Beech, we would have ben going hard after him to pair with Foley.

In my opinion, most coaches running high school wing T are selfish. They care more about winning than preparing their players for colleges. It works like a charm in high school, but it covers up guys like Long that would be getting so much attention otherwise. At least there is 7 on 7 for guys to turn to. I get running wing T if you have a small team that is undersized tho. I remember watching Rhea County and they had this really good WR but he was never used except for a couple deep shots and they lost the big games because arguably their best player was not being used
Beech doesn't run Wing T.

I don’t know if I would say selfish. How many kids is the coach holding back? If you have one good player every 3 years why would you let the team lose to try and showcase a player?

Reactions: Vol_0311

Winning is what the coach should be interested in.

I expect that Beech will be throwing the ball quite a bit more with the weapons they have. They have a new QB, Jackson Ford, who transferred in from California. He has a big arm and looks the part....

Jackson Ford on Twitter: "For everyone who’s been asking... yes I’m 14....yes I’m 6’6... and yes I can throw the ball 70 yards https://t.co/OklGjyoWMd" / Twitter
We shall see. History says that Coach Crabtree and passing game don't belong in the same sentence.

VN Store

Back