'22 TN TE Jackson Long (Tulane commit)

Tight end Jackson Long camped for the third straight day. He was at South Carolina Friday, Clemson Saturday and Tennessee today. Long weighed in at 218 pound and 6-4. He caught the ball well and is a guy Tennessee and power 5 schools are going to continue to evaluate and recruit. Long said his goal this camp season was to prove he’s a college football player and it’s safe to say the 2022 prospect is proving that. He proved to the staff today that he is physical enough to play at this level.
VQ

I know he's visited Auburn, FSU, Tulane, & Vandy too.

Daddy wants him at FSU, Mama wants him close to home.

He just getting in somewhere to make sure he has a spot or what? I don't see how you go from UT or FSU to Tulane as early as July..

He just getting in somewhere to make sure he has a spot or what? I don't see how you go from UT or FSU to Tulane as early as July..
He might have been a take at FSU but they are trending for the nation's top TE (Jaleel Skinner) and backed off. UT never offered but were showing a ton of interest and would have probably offered eventually. He will get to play at Tulane tho so that is good for him

Reactions: peaygolf
I think him being in a wing T offense really hurt because he is a really good receiving TE. You could argue that if he wasn't at Beech, we would have ben going hard after him to pair with Foley.

In my opinion, most coaches running high school wing T are selfish. They care more about winning than preparing their players for colleges. It works like a charm in high school, but it covers up guys like Long that would be getting so much attention otherwise. At least there is 7 on 7 for guys to turn to. I get running wing T if you have a small team that is undersized tho. I remember watching Rhea County and they had this really good WR but he was never used except for a couple deep shots and they lost the big games because arguably their best player was not being used

I think him being in a wing T offense really hurt because he is a really good receiving TE. You could argue that if he wasn't at Beech, we would have ben going hard after him to pair with Foley.

In my opinion, most coaches running high school wing T are selfish. They care more about winning than preparing their players for colleges. It works like a charm in high school, but it covers up guys like Long that would be getting so much attention otherwise. At least there is 7 on 7 for guys to turn to. I get running wing T if you have a small team that is undersized tho. I remember watching Rhea County and they had this really good WR but he was never used except for a couple deep shots and they lost the big games because arguably their best player was not being used
Running a wing T offense in high school is kind of like a basketball team playing zone defense in youth basketball. Younger players who haven't developed their shot yet and are smaller will struggle having to shoot over it. It will win you games tho

Reactions: jp1

We don't really need 2 TEs, this year. We have Campbell, Bell, and Nixon, who are true freshmen TEs, already on campus.

VN Store

Back